Gunsmoke DVD Set

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by JackSL, Jan 9, 2006.

1. JackSL

JackSL Auditioning

Anyone had a problem with this? Mine had emulsion lines on "Chesterland" episode on V. 1, Disc 3 and Music dragging(signifying time-compression) on "Quaker Girl" episodeV. 2, Disc 2. Production flaw or Paramount being cheap?

2. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Well, it appears that Dennis Weaver has passed away today. Check CNN.com

Although most remember him as "Chester", I think of "McCloud". Rest in Peace. Huge loss.

3. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

While most of the episodes are uncut, I did notice a couple of the color ones seem to be the edited, syndication versions, with artifical fades for extra ads and missing footage. The Xmas show runs about 4 mins short.

4. Doug^Ch

Doug^Ch Second Unit

Wow, I can't believe that Dennis Weaver is dead. I just watched his home movies taken on the Gunsmoke set. He seemed like a great guy. He will be missed. They always say that things like this happen in threes and once again they are right. Don Knotts, Darren McGavin and now poor Dennis.

5. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

That's too bad....Now Arness & Weaver will never get to make that TV movie western (playing different characters) they had wanted to do for so many years.

But Dennis lived to a ripe old age. His best contribution post-acting career was his efforts to save the environment. He even briefly returned to acting when he built "The Return of Sam McCloud" reunion movie around that concept in 1989.

Somehow it seems appropriate that James Arness outlived all of his GUNSMOKE co-stars.

6. Brett*H

Brett*H Stunt Coordinator

It's kind of strange that all three of these wonderful actors that just passed away,had a first name that started with the letter "D".

I remember watching Dennis Weaver in his role as Tom Wedloe in "Gentle Ben",religiously when I was younger.

The 3 of them will be missed and I'm thankful to them for all of the wonderful hours of entertainment that they gave us.