Guns 'n Roses DVDs??

Discussion in 'DVD' started by RobD, Jun 25, 2003.

1. RobD

RobD Second Unit

I was looking to buy some Guns DVDs and saw Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 discs, can anyone whos seen them comment on the quality? and are all the others bootlegs??

2. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

GnR was probably one of the greatest bands when it was in its prime. I'd love to see some DVD concerts!

3. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

Laserdisc baby! There is a 92 show on ebay right now.

4. JustinBr

JustinBr Auditioning

The Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 dvds are official releases from Brazil. Best Buy actually carries them in their store but not on their website. I recently got these two dvds. The sound is in 5.1 and is really good. Also the picture quality is a much better then the vhs versions. Any other dvd besides the GNR Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 Live from Toykyo DVDs are bootlegs. It would be cool if their was GNR dvd released like the recent Led Zepplin one with some of their best of stuff from their concerts since the whole illusions tour was pro shot and is sitting around somewhere waiting to be used.

5. Jeff Howard

Jeff Howard Agent

Definitely worth having if you're a GNR fan!

6. RobD

RobD Second Unit

Thanks for the replies,

Does anyone know how the LD PCM sound compare to the DVD 5.1??

Greg, Do you have the LD, if so whats the PQ like? I'm in Europe and the LD can be had alot cheaper and has an english sleeve.

I'd love to see a disk like the Rage Against Machine one for Gn'R, all the music vids and a selection of live tracks.

7. BrunnenMatt

BrunnenMatt Agent

Are these the DVD's you are talking about, sorry don't want to buy a boot, I have read many post indicating that DVD's what have Region 0 (all) plus NTSC are mostly bootlegs. [​IMG]
    Wanted to pick it up for sometime but since the new album is in limbo, the chances of getting these releases are probably hopeless in region 1. Thanks in advance ...BMatt

GUNS N' ROSES - USE YOUR ILLUSION VOL.1

GUNS N' ROSES - USE YOUR ILLUSION VOL.2