What's new

Guns n' Roses announces US tour starting in November (1 Viewer)

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Did anyone hear about this today? I heard it on several rock radio stations and it is all over the internet. The new GNR has announced 4 dates so far and those will be going on sale this weekend. I know I am going but even though it is posted on ticketmaster.com I won't believe it until I have the tickets in my hand.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
If Slash, Izzy, Duff and either Matt or Steven are there, then that's awesome! Otherwise, I don't think I'd be very interested.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Well obviously thats not going to happen. The new band sounds incredible and Axl has put together an incredible lineup despite his inability to do anything in a timely matter. I for one cannot wait to give the new band a chance just like I did for Slash, Izzy, and Duff's solo projects.

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
Benson R,
I am not sure if you have seen all the dates yet but here they are. Go to www.gnronline.com for more info. I am surprised they are not doing the Meadowlands.
THU 11/7 Vancouver, BC, Canada GM Place
FRI 11/8 Tacoma, WA Tacoma Dome
MON 11/11 Boise, ID Idaho Center Arena
THU 11/14 Minneapolis, MN Target Center
FRI 11/15 Fargo, ND Fargodome
SUN 11/17 Moline, IL The Mark
MON 11/18 Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
TUE 11/19 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena
THU 11/21 Detroit, MI The Palace
FRI 11/22 Lexington, KY Rupp Arena
SUN 11/24 Cleveland, OH Gund Arena
TUE 11/26 Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena
WED 11/27 Albany, NY Pepsi Arena
FRI 11/29 Toronto, Ontario, Canada AirCanada Centre
SAT 11/30 Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum
MON 12/2 Boston, MA FleetCenter
TUE 12/3 Harford, CT Civic Center
THU 12/5 New York, NY Madison Square Gardens
FRI 12/6 Philadelphia, PA First Union Center
SUN 12/8 Wilkes Barre, PA First Union Center
MON 12/9 Washington, DC MCI Center
WED 12/11 Greenville, SC Bi-Lo Center
FRI 12/13 Tampa, FL TBC
SAT 12/14 Ft. Lauderdale, FL TBC
THU 12/19 Biloxi, MS lf Coast Coliseum
SAT 12/21 Dallas, TX American Airlines Arena
And I couldn't agree with your opinion of the new GnR. I think they sound awesome. People need to get over Slash, Duff and Izzy. From the music I listened to of Buckethead(GnR and Solo stuff) I think he is a better guitarist than Slash. Different styles though so it is hard to compare. Tommy Stinson(ex-Replacements) is a great fill in for Duff.
I have both of Slash's Snakepit albums. I like the first one and the latest did not do much for me. But for all those people that claim GnR is not GnR without Slash need to get over it. If Slash was so great how come he is not headlining Madison Sqaure Garden with Slash's Snakepit or playing in front of 50,000 in Leeds. Please remember, I am not bashing Slash here because I am still a Slash fan. Just the people that are dismissing GnR without even giving them a chance.
By the way, there is a full page ad in the Village Voice and East Coast Rocker for the MSG show. VH1 & MTV are sponsoring this event. Which should mean alot of GnR support from both stations. Maybe we can get some rock videos played on MTV again.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I just got my tickets for Philly. Section 5 row 10. Its going to be a long fall. So is anyone else going to the Philly show? I think floor seats are still available. I think after the first few minutes more tickets became available as people failed to process orders. In case anyone doesn't know the presale password is "madagascar."

Camp

Senior HTF Member
So, I assume the album will finally be released? Any idea when? Chinese Democracy, right?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
There are all kinds of rumors but its better not to speculate. A popular rumor a month ago was that it was going to be released labor day. With this full touring schedule its not far out there to think that they will release the album to coincide with the tour. However from what I understand that would mean the album would have to start being pressed in a month.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
I just got Philly tickets. Floor section 6, row 7. Very excited. More of an "indie rock" fan, myself, but there's always something about GnR that excited me. I don't care if it's not the original band, Axl will provide more than enough entertainment.

I'd heard that Chinese Democracy will be out on December 10. Interscope doesn't have it on their release schedule, but this is the date that's been reported by numerous reliable sources.

If you remember, the first Use Your Illusion tour started a couple months before the actual release of the LPs, so this is common practice for GnR.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Have you heard anything about the setup for these shows? I'm just wondering whether there going centerstage or endstage. Based on my row number I'm guessing endstage which means my seats won't be quite as good.

I've never had floor seats at an arena show before. Are you typically stuck to your seats or is it common to have a pit area that people on the floor can go into to try to get closer to the stage?

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I bought tix for the Philly show too. I was surprised to see so many good seats. I don't think alot of people know about the pre-sale, which is better for us.

I got section 112 row 13. I saw some floor seats but passed on them. I hate being on the floor for arena shows. Its hard to see over eveyones head. I have never been to the First Union Center so I am psyched for this. Hopefully I can get good seats for the MSG show also.

I heard Oct 15 a single should be released. Its hard to take anything seriously. Too many Net rumors.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Thats why I'm wondering about the setup. If its center stage I'm ten rows back, if its endstage I figure it will be over twenty. One good thing is I got an aisle seat so I shouldn't have a problem getting a good view and staying comfortable.

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
I think it's going to be an endstage, but I haven't heard anything about the setup.

I was hesistant to buy floor seats, but I figure my girlfriend and I can stand on our seats if need be. I don't think it will be general admission, though.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Is it even possible to get seats in the front section online? Are they all reserved ahead of time? I was reloading the Ticketmaster page until the first second it was available and was initially only able to get lower level seats. I was only ordering two seats. After five minutes I was able to get floor seats but not from the first section. Can anybody shed any insight as to how these ticketmaster sales work?

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Just my .02 I saw GNR at their show at the House of Blues in Vegas on new years eve 2001. This was their first show in 8 years. I have no doubts that this new band is every bit as capable as the old GNR was. No exceptions...they rock. Now, having said that...if you listen for differences in their playing, you will find them. Personally it was most noticable to me on things like the solo's in sweet child or paradise city. The new guitarists play them flawlessly but they just don't seem to have the emotion slash could bring out of the notes. I'd almost rather have them re-work the solos rather than reproduce them note for note. On the new songs you don't notice this...all you notice is how damn good they sound. Basically my opinion is, if you get hung up on how good they WERE...you're only gonna be missing out on how good they ARE.

And for anyone who has doubts about Axl's voice, all i can say is I don't know what happened at the MTV music awards, but his voice sounded as strong as ever 2 years ago when i saw them, and my friend who saw them in London less than a week before MTV said he sounded just as good then too.

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron,

I couldn't agree with you more. Everyone needs to get over Slash and look beyond the KFC hat and really listen how awesome the new guys are.

For the people that are trashing Axl becuase of his voice at the VMA's, thats what happens when people really sing and not lip-synch. The songs I have heard from the European shows sound great.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I watched a rebroadcast of the VMAs and I think Axl sounded much better. I don't think I'm imagining things. Perhaps the levels were not right during the initial broadcast and they were able to adjust that for rebroadcast. Don't get me wrong he still screwed up in a couple places. In a couple places where he needed to really yell he was running around and seemed to not anticipate all the air he needed.

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I have been watching that VMA clip about 20 times a day. I am so psyched for this tour.

John,

How were your seats? I didn't think there was as much as a seat selection than the shows that went on sale yesterday. I picked up SECTION 204, ROW D.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Anybody else get tickets? Come on there must be more. MSG already sold out, and Philly only has Mezzanine side view available if you want more than one ticket.

Has anyone heard anything more about on sale dates for other shows. I found some on fan websites but I am most interested in finding out more about the Wilkes Barre show. I already have tickets for Philly but will probably also go to this show since it is so close to my school.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks