Guns and Roses: The Videos... BAD audio...???

Dave Mack

Producer
Reaction score
Just got this, figured it's the same price as a "singles" CD. Did anyone monitor the mix, or listen to the finished product? Some sound ok, compressed, pumped treble, little bass on some and COMPLETE distortion on "Patience", one of my fave tunes. I checked on AMAZON and several other owners noted this as well.
2 weeks ago, I got the No Doubt singles DVD and that had erratic audio levels from clip to clip, with "Excuse Me Mister" COMPLETELY defective with sudden, frequent and dramatic jumps in the audio level...
3 weeks ago, I got the Judas Priest clip comp. DVD and "another thing coming"s audio was all noise reducted to death and horribly mixed...
Springsteen's last live DVD had a defective disc 2...

I know these are "music" DVDs but some bands releases seem to be well done, Queen for example does GREAT mixes, (although the pic. AR and quality can be spotty...) Why are SO many just obviously screwed up and released...??

Zachary Cohen

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
If you really want a bad music DVD check out "Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Live & Uncut." I'm sure none of the DVDs mentioned above could match the horridness of this release.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Reaction score
It might be due to the source materials. For these compilations, they probably just used whatever video masters were available, and didn't bother re-doing the audio.

Frequently, you'll see music videos released to home video with "dirty" words edited out, just like they were presented originally on broadcast television.

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
One of my friends has this DVD and hasn't complained about it at all. I could ask him if he has noticed any problems but he would have told me by now if he had.

Brion

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parsimony