What's new

Gunga Din/I Remember Mama/Buster Keaton (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Then I'm confused. What is the point of reissuing, if absolutely nothing is changing about the disc content or cover art? I always thought a reissue meant new packaging or some kind of tweaking, even if it was just a banner saying "The George Stevens Collection" (I know Warner wouldn't do exactly that, just an example).

Also, does anyone know if the Filmaker's Journey documentary itelfs includes an interview with Elizabeth Taylor? I know she's featured as a cast member, but it could just be archival footage.

Andy

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Liz Taylor was interviewed by George Stevens Jr. especially for the film he made about his father "A FILMMAKER'S JOURNEY". Mr. Stevens also interviewed people like Katharine Hepburn, Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers especially for this fine film about his father.

Warner isn't re-issuing GIANT. They're re-promoting it, along with several other previously available Stevens films. No information from Warner has ever indicated otherwise.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Yes, Warner is promoting these already released dvds along with new dvd releases so that they coincide with Stevens 100th birthdate.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I gotcha, Robert. Personally, I consider a re-issue to be a title with maybe a cover change, sort of like NxNW. I consider a re-release to be different disc content.

I'm not sure why some sites like the Lasersedge and Amazon add a date for when stock is coming in. Obviously it's for their customers convenience, but it can confuse people that might be thinking a new edition is coming out.

Andy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

That's the difference between us because cover art means very little to me, therefore, I place no value on distinguishing it with a term like reissue.

Crawdaddy

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OnVideo is saying that Gunga Din will have extras, which is great news: Commentary by historian Rudy Behlmer, "On Location With Gunga Din" making-of documentary, original and re-issue trailers, vintage Porky Pig Looney Tunes cartoon "The Film Fan."

I remember Mama will also have an intro by George Stevens Jr.

They also mention in their release list George Stevens Centennial Classics which they describe as "seven discs celebrating the 100th anniversary of the birth of the great director. New to DVD are "Gunga Din," "I Remember Mama," "George Stevens: D-Day to Berlin" and "George Stevens: A Filmmaker's Journey," $19.97 each (see separate listings this week); Warner will also re-release "Alice Adams" and "Woman of the Year" at $19.97 each and the "Giant Special Edition" two-disc set for $26.99. (Warner)."

It's a little confusing (not least because that totals eight discs) but does that mean there is a box set afoot?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks