Gunfight at OK Corral on DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ernest, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Ernest

Ernest Supporting Actor

Dec 21, 1998
    Using a Samsung DVD R3000 and Panasonic E30 DVD-R / RAM recorders I have converted my VHS, SVHS and Laserdisc collection to DVD-R. Well over 100 titles. I have now started recording from DirecTV. Last night I recorded Gunfight At The OK Corral playing on Starz Western channel.

I used the "Flexible Recording " feature on the Samsung and the video quality is excellent. Very close to commercial DVD. The audio was recorded in Digital Stereo. I have now added many excellent titles to my collection that may never be available on commercial DVD. Such as,

Once Upon A Time In the West (LBX)
    In Love and War (WWII with Robert Wagner and others in LBX)
    Plymouth Adventure
    Adventures of Robin Hood
    The African Queen
    Major Dundee (LBX)
    Unforgiven (Burt Lancaster)LBX
    Objective Burma
    Desert Fox
    Wind and The Lion )LBX)
    Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
    Grand Prix (LBX)

In the upcoming weeks Beachhead (WWII Tony Curtis), Never So Few (WWI Frank Sinatra, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, King Solomon's Mines, Mutiny On The Bounty, will be broadcast on TCM.

The price of the DVD recorders has dropped to under $600.00 and their recording quality is excellent. DVD-R's sell for less than $1.00 each, 100 blanks with the DVD case for $114.00. Now Toshiba and Panasonic have introdcued hard drive recorders. Now is the time to buy.
  2. Joseph_mx

Joseph_mx Stunt Coordinator

Apr 14, 2002
    There is nothing like to own the Original. IMHO