What's new

Gumball Rally (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
When it was on INHD, Gumball Rally was widescreen. And since that channel replays their programming all the time, those with INHD should be on the lookout for future showings.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
When it was on INHD, Gumball Rally was widescreen. And since that channel replays their programming all the time, those with INHD should be on the lookout for future showings.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
If I had the capacity and finances to be a Gumballer I would and I dare say a lot of people would too. Racing around the world in exotic cars with hot chicks and fun at every turn? What's not to like! :D

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
If I had the capacity and finances to be a Gumballer I would and I dare say a lot of people would too. Racing around the world in exotic cars with hot chicks and fun at every turn? What's not to like! :D

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Awesome news. Assuming it's OAR (and since this is Warner, I'm not overly worried about that), we are good to go Aug. 30!

Rob

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
It's great that Warners has been responding to the many requests they receive and Gumball Rally is no exception. Finally I can stop searching Ebay for the odd widescreen laserdisc version that is offered very rarely for prices that show just how strong the demand is for this title. Before the summer is out we will also see The Driver and Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. There can't be too many pre 1980 films with an automotive theme in the storyline left to add to one's collection. So far have:

Duel
Aloha Bobby And Rose
Gone In 60 Seconds (original)
Two Lane Blacktop
Bullitt
Vanishing Point
McQ
The Italian Job (original)
Blues Brothers
What's Up Doc?
American Graffiti
Freebie And The Bean (widescreen laserdisc)
Seven Ups (laserdisc)
Le Mans
Please feel free to mention any others!

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Jay E THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK!! YEEEEEHAAWWW!!

Sorry to scream at you, but Gumball Rally is one of the Holy Grails I have been seeking on DVD. You have given me something to look forward to with great glee.

It was one of the few films my folks and I all agreed on when I was young, and all three of us would just HOWL with laughter at it.

What I like best about it is that while they were defying the law, they were NOT hard edged like many scofflaws in "modern" movies, many of whom are out to kill the police officers or other officials. The Rallyers were simply being naughty.

Thank you, thank you, thank you AGAIN, Jay E!

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Other fun car chase films (haven't seen most of these but have trailers for them)

Stingray
Speed Trap
Mr Billion
Those Daring Young Men...
Genevieve (Early 50s British in the vein of Great Race)
Speed Lovers
Hot Rods to Hell
Wild Racers
Steel Arena
Death Riders
Dirt
Burnout

A few of these are documentary type films that deal with car stuff, but more so stunts on bikes, crazy cars etc

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Found this one in the mailbox today from my favorite etailer and thought I'd post my initial reaction.

As a big fan of this movie I'm blissing out on simply seing it in its OAR for the first time in nearly thirty years. Warner's anamorphic 2.35:1 image looked damn good to my eye for a movie of this vintage, but I'll leave the technical reviews to those with better setups than my 42" ED plasma.

My biggest worry was that the Dolby mono wouldn't do justice to the throaty growls of the engines, especially in the concrete canyons of NYC at the beginning of the race. It turns out I needn't have worried. This mono signal delivers everything I could've hoped for.

Considering I've had this title on my most wanted list since I first bought DVD's in '99, I guess my only complaint is that I had to wait so fucking long. Both sincerely and sarcastically, thank you Warner.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks