Guitar players take a look!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Parker Clack, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Our own Neil Joseph's Dad builds custom guitars that are real beauties. If you play the guitar or have always wanted a custom hand built guitar click on the link we have here in the Music Area regarding WR Joseph custom guitars or click here to take a look at his work.

Sorry I don't have any price list on these but his work is definitely worth checking out.

Parker

2. Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez Screenwriter

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Parker, I forget: Does Neil himself play the guitar (or is it just his dad)? Excellent-looking work, I must say.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Neil has a guitar but Neil can't play a lick on it. I can hold some chords pretty well though. Dad reports that making a Gibson Les Paul is not a problem although I don't know what is involved in copyrights and such.

Feel free to e-mail him for further questions using the link(s) on the actual website.

5. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Yes, very nice. My only issue with them would be the bolt on neck. Most of the guitars I have used and bought have had the through the body neck which contributes to durability. Very good, high quality look to them though.[​IMG]

6. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Wow, great site! Does your dad make necks in the 24.9" scale length?

7. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

24.9" Carlo? Now THAT'S specific. 25 1/2" just a bit too long and tight for you? I would imagine that as a luthier Mr. Joseph could probably do anything.

I don't think copyright would be too much of a challenge with a Les Paul style so long as it's slightly different. At the end of the day there are only a handful of basic guitar shapes: the strat, the Paul, SG, V, Explorer, etc. Most designs, aside from the real wild ones, are just extensions of the originals. Although if you want to see something REALLY bizarre check this out:

[​IMG]

Reviewed in the latest Guitar One magazine. Apparently plays and sits better then it looks.

8. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Jay, 24.9" is usually known as the "other standard" scale length (25.5" being the more popular). 24.9" is what Les Pauls use. The shorter scale length is more conducive to my fingers (I'm only 5'8" and my hands aren't "Hendrix" length so any little bit helps. [​IMG]

9. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

After all these years I didn't realize that.

10. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

True, but it all depends on whether the company that designed the original has them trademarked or not. Fender and Gibson lost a lot of their trademarks due to not policing them over the years, however some have been renewed, like the Fender headstock shapes. Rickenbacker, for instance, defends their trade dress pretty relentlessly.

11. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

BC Rich has some original shapes too. The Eagle and Bich come to mind. (I still remember that Paul Chapman, after Michael Schenker, in UFO played a red 12 string Rich Bich...)

Those WR Joseph guitars have really nice finishes!

12. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Before I had my Carvin made, I played a red BC Rich Bitch for about 2 years. It was a nice guitar. Once I statred playing my Carvin though, I am loathe to play anything else.[​IMG] I've had my Carvin for 13 years now and it looks almost like the day I bought it.

13. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I have blue metallic Eagle from 1984 that just sings. My baby? A 1979 Cherry Sunburst Les Paul Custom. [​IMG]

14. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I have a 85 Gibson Explorer with Dirty Finger pickups.

My G/F and I wanted to start building a few of our own, but I bought a house and simply dont have the time with all the work Im doing the hose.

If I could have any guitar - it would be a Gledura,Alembic or McNaught.The McNAughts are simply amazing and prob sound incredible with the Set Neck construction(the neck goes into 3/4 into the body. The resonance, tone and volume on these are supposed to be insane)http://www.mcnaughtguitars.com/index15.htm

http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/home_gle.htm

http://www.alembic.com/

http://www.mcnaughtguitars.com/index2.htm
    http://www.mcnaughtguitars.com/