Guitar instruction DVDs? Where?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Timon Russo, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Timon Russo

Timon Russo Stunt Coordinator

I've seen a couple at musiciansfriend.com and in their catalog, but are there really only about 10? Does anyone have a place they could recommend me to find such things?
    There's a Hendrix one that I might pick up, but the rest all seem to be for beginners. I suppose I would consider myself slightly more advanced than that.

This may not be exactly the right place to post this. Forgive me.

Thanks.

2. Chris Xolotl

Chris Xolotl Second Unit

Not too sure. I've been hankering for the B.B. King - Master Class 1-3 DVD (all three videos on 1 DVD).
    It's been out for awhile, but only Amazon carries it for $49.95 [​IMG]
    I have the book and the CDs, but have been holding out for the DVD.
    It's really hard to find these. I know where Guitar Center/MF gets them and have seen the full catalog of instructional DVDs; but they (MF) never order the full catalog. [​IMG]
    I have one instructional VHS and vowed never to buy any tapes again because I get more from watching the fingers than anything else.
    Let me know if you find more.

3. Greg_P

Greg_P Stunt Coordinator

Along those same lines, can any of you more advanced guitar players recommend a good instuctional guitar video for a total novice?? I's like to learn to play some acoustic guitar but not quite sure where to start.

Thanks!
    Greg