What's new

Guitar Hero tracks for pop-music? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Guitar Hero III is almost entirely hard rock / heavy metal -- an unappealing selection if you don't like hard rock. Are there tracks available, or an older version of GH, with more of a selection of pop music?

I was thinking I might entice my wife to play if there was music that she liked more.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Songs -

**Guitar Hero (PlayStation 2)
List of songs in Guitar Hero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

**Guitar Hero II (PlayStation 2 & Xbox 360, with additional content)
List of songs in Guitar Hero II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of songs in Guitar Hero II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Xbox 360 - Downloadable content)

**Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s (PlayStation 2)
List of songs in Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

**Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360)
List of songs in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

**Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360)
List of songs in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

**Guitar Hero World Tour (PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360) (will also add drum and vocal gameplay elements)
List of songs in Guitar Hero World Tour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

**Guitar Hero: Metallica (coming - TBC)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Jari,
Thanks for the lists. Many songs there I wish I could get for myself for GH3, but nothing my wife would particularly enjoy.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Would she enjoy a singing game? SingStar '80s has probably the best pop setlist of any music game. The American Idol editions of Karaoke Revolution are great too. (Note that there's another American Idol game that is not Karaoke Revolution and is not worth getting.)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Try Rock Band 2. If you pay $5 to download the little update and then rent Rock Band 1, you can get access to all the songs from the first game (58 on the disc). Also, all DLC for RB1 works in RB2, so there's a hundred or so songs that you can get online. Altogether, they promise to have over 500 songs available for RB2 by the end of the year (it's like 80+ on RB2, 58 on RB1, then the rest DLC).

Hopefully your wife will like something there. If not, get her the microphone and trick her into singing.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good ideas. She likes Karaoke...but I don't
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I'll look into the RockBank repertoire, though a $200, three-piece game set would be a very (very) hard sell. I need something like American Idol for Guitar Hero.

And then Ballroom Dance Hero for my parents.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you can't sell her on the $180 bundle, just convince her that since it comes with 80+ songs it's a good deal. And that for a couple bucks, rent RB1 and get the little $5 thing to transfer those songs and you get over 140 songs for like $190, with all 3 instruments. That's not a bad deal.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
You don't have to buy the whole RB set. Just buy the instrument(s) you want when you want. I played RB for several months with just my GHII guitar. Heck if you want to go real cheap you could just play the vocal part using the headset that came with your console (assuming you've got an XBox 360 - you didn't say which console you have).

RB does seem to have a bit more variety than GH - for example, you've got a Monkees track and 3 Jimmy Buffett tracks available as DLC - but it still skews mainly to hard rock.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The Rock Band list is also largely rock / hard rock. I'm looking for more Kelly Clarkson than Ramones and Rolling Stones.

GH will probably be a game I play by myself. (But we find common ground with the Lego games.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks