What's new

Guitar Hero PS2 (1 Viewer)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Looks like all the bonus songs have been discovered, by way of a Wal-Mart who got a full copy for a demo or something. Link

They are:

"Raw Dog" - The Last Vegas (contest winners)
"Arterial Black" - Drist
"Collide" - Anarchy Club
"Elephant Bones" - That Handsome Devil
"Fall of Pangea" - Valient Thorr
"FTK" - Vagiant
"Gemini" - Brian Kahanek
"Push Push (Lady Lightning)" - Bang Camaro
"Laughtrack" - The Acrobrats
"Less Talk More Rokk" - Freezepop
"Jordan" - Buckethead (original track)
"Mr. Fix-It" - The Amazing Royal Crowns
"The New Black" - Every Time I Die (?)
"One for the Road" - Breaking Wheel (Artillery)
"Parasite" - The Neighborhoods
"Radium Eyes" - Count Zero
"Red Lottery" - Megasus
"Six" - All That Remains
"Soy Bomb" - Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives
"The Light That Blinds" - Shadows Fall
"Thunder Horse" - Dethklok
"Trogdor" - Strong Bad
"X-Stream" - Voivod
"Yes We Can" - Made in Mexico

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Matt,

I could actually really use the gig bag, as my SG controller is just leaning against the wall by the TV.

Unfortunately, I am going to need the 2-guitar version!

Nathan A

Second Unit
I'm looking for guitar stands to sit them on. I found these on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...MO4U3&v=glance

They're only $5.99 each, but shipping for 2 comes to an extra $6.

This next one made me laugh. It's a double stand. At only $13.99 it looked pretty cheap, but shipping's an extra $7.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...RFKQS&v=glance

Does anyone know of any cheaper guitar stands? I really don't care at all about quality since they'll just be holding the GH controllers.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Any local music shop (Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Daddy's Junky, etc.) will probably have cheap guitar stands available. Call around.

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
There are a few companies offering wireless controllers. Nyko will be the latest, but there are at least 2 companies already offering theirs. tough choices will have to be made, SOON, regarding which oneS (yes, TWO) I'm going to have to buy. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's not about choices, my man -- it's about collecting! You need to watch Spinal Tap again.

Why is there no 'n' with an umlaut in unicode?!?!?! :D

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Haha! HEARD!!! how's it going, Aaron? It so happens I was mentioning you at a pimps and ho's party I went to last weekend. ;) I was explaining how PIMP you were taking prozes and cash from Bob Barker and his lovely H...
Ladies.

And then here we are chatting in HTF again, after so long. I miss everyone from LA and Scooter's meets!!!.

Matt

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It seems that hardly a Pimp 'n' Ho gathering goes by without SOME mention of me, doesn't it? :D

Those meets were the bomb, yo. (I miss all the photo pages that used to be here.) Gotta get back to that some day.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I noticed that Buy.com is selling GHII for $72 + about $4.50 shipping. Apply that $10 Google Checkout discount, and that's probably the best deal we'll find.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
If anyone is interested here is a video of a kid that has a copy of GHII, it's the bucket head song.

Nathan A

Second Unit
It's a tsunami of notes.

BH played this at the Dallas show a few weeks ago. Note his use of the killswitch. The GH controller does not have a killswitch. Bah. Nor does it have whatever kind of bass That One Guy plays on.

Edit- Best Buy's winter catalog that they recently sent out has a 10% off coupon that also gives double rewards points. I think that puts it around $70 (including whatever measly amount the double points gives). I also read that they're offering a free copy of Wayne's World with it (it should be listed in the Sunday ad).

Also, the big Toys R Us winter catalog in (I think) last week's Sunday newspaper has a coupon for a $10 gift card with any $75 purchase. I'd rather go the BB route since I don't think I'd use the gift card anytime soon. Although I did manage to snag Psychonauts, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, and Dragon Quest 8 for a grand total of $17.60 with their last sale and a couple coupons.

Still more off-topic: Texas Fry's stores (and I assume other states, too) will be selling the regular version of Gears of War for $49.99 ($10 off) when it comes in on Wednesday. No word on their GH2 price yet.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I ended up preordering from Buy.com with the Google Checkout discount. Last night I went to buy Cars, and saw all those beautiful copies of GHII staring back at me, and suddenly got REALLY REALLY anxious and wished I'd preordered it for in-store pickup. :)

Nathan A

Second Unit
May it come quickly.

480p makes it look pretty sharp.

I think the most significant change is that hammer ons/pull offs are much easier this time around. Whereas in GH1 you had to be much more precise than when strumming notes, in GH2 it seems to about as forgiving as when you're strumming notes.

One downside- I've noticed a bit of slowdown/choppiness on occasion. It was only very rare in GH1, but it seems a bit more frequent in 2.

Every song is either Lead/Rhythm or Lead/Bass; there's no Lead/Rhythm/and Bass. Thankfully, you can play entire songs on Rhythm or Bass in single-player in practice mode (only).

Some of my favorites so far are Carry on Wayward Son, Rock This Town, and Trippin on a Hole. I haven't had time to make it to YYZ :frowning:

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
Well, I have had issues with the new guitar. The first one i could hardly ever get the star power to activate. The 2nd one activates it almost automatically. if i hold the guitar completely level it will not go off but if i move it slightly, it goes off.. the old controller for gh1 does not do this at all... anyone else have any issues with the new red controller?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Thanks. :) Looks like it was shipped yesterday, so here's hopin'.

Ironically, I've been playing YYZ for a month via the demo disc!

I'm a bit worried about the slowdown. Anyone else experiencing that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks