What's new

Guide for NTSC non-reg1 discs? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
There are so many titles I'm holding off buying due to poor, non-anamorphic, or non-oar transfers, that I thought I might look to other regions. I'd rather stick with NTSC- and wondered if there were any good pages setup specifically discussing foreign releases that are better than reg-1 versions.

Any links?

-Vince

CraigL

Screenwriter
Vince...

Good call.

Apparently you're lookin at Korea, Hong Kong and China. Apparently there are a few (VERY FEW) australian releases that are NTSC.

Let me know if you find out anything.

James Reader

Screenwriter
The only Australian NTSC discs I know of are from Warners and are just the same as the American discs anyway (look at the region encoding on some American Warner cataloge titles and you'll see that they're not just Region 1)

I suppose that Warner released the NTSC discs in Australia as it's a small market and they didn't consider it worth creating PAL discs. But all broadcast television in Australia is PAL, so really all DVD releases should be in PAL format.

John Milton

Second Unit
Check out the International forum at DVDTalk. There's a nice list of non-R1 anamorphic DVDs there.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I thought Japan was also region 2 NTSC. I'm specifically seeking Vacation and The Jerk in OAR, and Beautiful girls in Anamorphic.

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks