What's new

Guest What!! people (1 Viewer)

bernard&*

Stunt Coordinator
I'll will have my Tempest and plate amp250 sooner here in Philippines for free shipping delivery, guest why???????????????
My friend Tim forman will visit philippines and he'll bring it for me, how nicely. I save a lot of money (more than 200US$) and I knew the stuff will ship here safely and most of all, we will meet him and his wife.Thanks a lot Tim.;)i'm so excited!!my dream BASS will come true.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Most times in Tagalog there is no gender distinction so quite often him/her, he/she gets reversed.

Thanks Bernard. It's no trouble at all, really.
:)

Richard_M

Second Unit
Well done Tim!!!!

It is because of kind hearted people like you that I love about these forums.

And congratulations Bernard, you will be able to enjoy your new toys soon!

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Bernard,
Have you decided what enclosure design you're going to use for your new Tempest?

bernard&*

Stunt Coordinator
Tim,
I was experimenting lately on Winisd ,the default result looks grate. vented/ 260L tuned to 18hz,lower group delay much better, am i right.but my mind still choosing from the two, sbb4 and adire design,what do you think. I try to use the lspcad by adire but im confused,to many parameters.Im not familiar w/ this so all your expertise needed.this is my first time to build DIY sub and i dont want to be dissapointed.most of the time i listen to music but when its come to movie i want the real thing!:emoji_thumbsup:
I have my current sub velodyne CHT-8, and it cost a lot here almost 400USD and the cht-15 cost 1000USD (peso to USD)and for the price i pay, its not worth it.:angry:

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Bernard, this is great news!! A "hand delivered" Tempest to the Phillipines. :)

Tim really is a kind and gentle caring member of this forum and probably knows what if feels like to live without bass, so it's great that he's "expediting" the driver to you. :)

TimForman

Supporting Actor
After hearing from others how much they like the Adire Alignment vented enclosure I decided to build one. I'm very happy with it. 214 L cabinet tuned to 15.4 Hz, group delay of 17ms. I changed the shape a little bit to fit my room better but the internal volume is the same.

bernard&*

Stunt Coordinator
Hi!
You are right Wayne Tim done for me was unbelievable,I dont even know how to thank him for his kindness.
BTW ,how low this adire alignment go, is this diy sub(specially adire align) can over
come all the "bass" movie recommended by svs especially TITAN AE, find Nemo(darla tapping glass), race pod by star wars,because right now this is how i measure, how good sub is.(cause i can't tell what is good sub is, with respect to its parameters).
Any one experience on tempest, how this beast perform..

bernard&*

Stunt Coordinator
Tim!
glad your there.I couldn't imagine how loud it was. In that test is in reference level?
Any one else experience let me know.

bernard&*

Stunt Coordinator
Tim,
Can you get here before Augst,cause I can wait.
Any one experiensce "BASS" movie to your DIY sub.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
Sorry Bernard, can't get there before August. Just watched Master and Commander in DTS. The battle scenes really put my system to the test. The combination of my new Isa mains with the Tempest was outstanding!

bernard&*

Stunt Coordinator
Hi! Tim
I'm only over excited!.BTW, I think I go for Adire alignment as what you experience with that beast.do you think its necessary to make chamber for the plate amp (AVA250 by Adire) to prevent air leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks