What's new

Guessing the gender based on first name (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
How about this: "Ninh-Kieu needs an answer on this today. Can you please help with this request? I said that you would be responding directly."

Problem solved.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Interesting to note Evelyn Waugh mentioned, this is from Wikipedia: "Waugh entered into a brief, unsuccessful marriage in 1928 to the Hon. Evelyn Gardner. (Their friends called them he-Evelyn and she-Evelyn.) "
:laugh:

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
It's rather silly for people with gender neutral names to get upset when mistakes are made. Really, get over it.

If I had a nickel for everytime someone told me "Oh, I know someone else named Rain, but she's a girl"....whatever.

Janna S

Second Unit
Years ago my father worked with a guy named Marian who was married to a woman named MaryAnn. And they both went by their full names, no nicknames.

As as aside, non-gender-related, we have three new family members (new spouses) who are all named Doug. It makes family gossip very complicated.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Well put. I get amused whenever I receive mail etc addressed to "Ms Lim Yee Ming". However, it does get just a little annoying when it's from people or an organisation that should already know better, e.g. I've had dealings with one person, and another person told to contact me still gets it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks