What's new

Guesses for 2013 TV Releases? (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
From what my sources tell me, Sony provided them with 16mm prints.
er, at the time (early-mid 1980's) it was still Columbia Pictures Television - Sony did buy Columbia till late 1989. :D Yep - They were still airing most of their syndicated content at that time from 16mm - "The Patty Duke Show" . "Dobie Gillis", and "The Jack Benny Program" for example.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I'll go out on a limb here and say "She's The Sheriff" :patriot: I haven't seen that in probably 30 years! :P

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Would enjoy Shout! Factory coming out with a "What Were They Thinking" including Super Train Cop Rock Manimal Gemini Man

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Corey3rd said:
Would enjoy Shout! Factory coming out with a "What Were They Thinking" including Super Train Cop Rock Manimal Gemini Man
Cop Rock! Now there's a show I haven't thought about in YEARS!!! I wonder just what they would have to pay for music clearances on that? :jawdrop:

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
I'd like more "Police Story," "Police Woman" & "The Rookies". Love to see "The Bold Ones" & "Name of the Game". Nor happening but I wish there was a decent blu ray release of "Miami Vice".

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Wvdvdguy said:
I'd like more "Police Story," "Police Woman" & "The Rookies". Love to see "The Bold Ones" & "Name of the Game". Nor happening but I wish there was a decent blu ray release of "Miami Vice".
Copy that.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Nick Beal said:
My biggest TV series wish would be for the excellent, but short lived, Tony Young western series GUNSLINGER. I recall this as being rather more violent than its contemporaries and Young making an excellent, brooding anti-hero -in stark contrast with the other Warner cowboys of the period. The show also had an outstanding Frankie Lane theme tune which I can still hum and whistle more than thirty years later. "Gunslinger, gunslinger where do you ride? What do you fight for today? When the law needs a hand you're on their side. Gunslinger ride away" The grey market bootlegs of this one have been singularly dire and I've only ever seen two or three of the episodes available in any form. Does any knowledgeable reader have any information regarding survival of the original prints? Other than that I would definitely concur with others who would like to see the rest of the CHEYENNE and HARRY O series plus THE DAKOTAS, Peckinpah's THE WESTERNER, LAWMAN, the unreleased Stacy Keach MIKE HAMMER shows (I thought the recently exhumed Darren McGavin Hammers were dreadful!) plus THE ADVENTURES OF PHILIP MARLOWE with Phil Carey. I'd also love to see a decent copy of the rare Dick Powell TV version of Chandler's THE LONG GOODBYE.
i definitely want the stacy keach mike hammer series on dvd.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I would love to see the following released in 2013 and beyond:

Amazing Stories: The Complete Second Season

Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Seasons 6 and 7

The Alfred Hitchcock Hour (all 3 seasons)

The Rebel: The Complete Series

The Rifleman (all 5 seasons)

The Lone Ranger (animated series; both seasons)

Tarzan: Lord of the Jungle (animated series; all 4 seasons)

The Defenders (all 4 seasons)

Cliffhangers!: The Complete Series

The following 8 “missing” Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! episodes comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo Show in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics:

[*]The Curse of Viking Lake
[*]Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats
[*]Hang in There, Scooby-Doo
[*]The Chiller Diller Movie Thriller
[*]The Spooky Case of the Grand Prix Race
[*]The Ozark Witch Switch
[*]Creepy Cruise
[*]The Creepy Heap from the Deep
[/list]

The following 4 “missing” Dynomutt episodes comprised Season 2 of The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour (these 4 episodes were renamed The Blue Falcon & Dynomutt) in 1977 as segments on Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics:

[*]Beastwoman Parts 1 and 2
[*]The Glob Parts 1 and 2
[*]Madame Ape Face Parts 1 and 2
[*]Shadowman Parts 1 and 2
[/list]

Darby

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I would certainly go for RANCH PARTY, a classic country & western music hoedown series hosted by Tex Ritter from its only season in 1957-58, a nationally syndicated version of a local L.A. TV show TOWN HALL PARTY. Screen Gems produced RP, so its a Sony property, but music clearance would be a sticking point here, which would prevent a DVD release. Could Timeless/Shout! go for this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks