What's new

Guesses for 2013 TV Releases? (1 Viewer)

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
I understand that SPACE: 1999 year 2 blu ray is still being worked on. Japan has seen Gerry/Sylvia Anderson's UFO on blu, so hopefully a region B will follow.
DVD releases I would like to see
Further volumes of ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS leading to THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR
PHIL SILVERS SHOW, GREEN ACRES and THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES continued
Fox to release JOURNEY TO THE UNKNOWN
Will we ever get to see
THE JACK BENNY SHOW
THE BURNS AND ALLEN SHOW
LIFE WITH LUCY from MPI is hopefull
Why didn't MPI release the other Christmas HONEYMOONERS special (the one wih Gale Gordon as Ralph's boss). Are there any other 60s HONEYMOONERS
And how about a proper (picture-wise) release of the color LOST IN SPACE seasons

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
JamesSmith said:
Other additions:
Hec Ramsey (if the Snoop Sisters came out, Hec Ramsey has to be on somebody's list)
The Farmer's Daughter (I don't believe it's owned by Fox)
James
The Farmer's Daughter is Sony so there may be a chance for it.
I would love to see more Beverly Hillbillies in 2013 myself.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
brynmill said:
I understand that SPACE: 1999 year 2 blu ray is still being worked on. Japan has seen Gerry/Sylvia Anderson's UFO on blu, so hopefully a region B will follow.
DVD releases I would like to see
Further volumes of ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS leading to THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR
PHIL SILVERS SHOW, GREEN ACRES and THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES continued
Fox to release JOURNEY TO THE UNKNOWN
Will we ever get to see
THE JACK BENNY SHOW
THE BURNS AND ALLEN SHOW
LIFE WITH LUCY from MPI is hopefull
Why didn't MPI release the other Christmas HONEYMOONERS special (the one wih Gale Gordon as Ralph's boss). Are there any other 60s HONEYMOONERS
And how about a proper (picture-wise) release of the color LOST IN SPACE seasons
A friend of mine with The British Phil Silvers Association Society said they had been in contact with CBS HE about possibly getting out the rest of Phil Silvers to DVD. I don't know what became of that but perhaps we'll hear something.
MPI is doing an official pressing of "The Return of the Beverly Hillbillies" TV movie from 1981, so I'm hoping that means they're looking at what interest there is in releasing more of the show. I know CBS did remaster seasons 2 & 3 for hi-def (their syndication page touts 2 & 3 as being hi-def and the DVD transfers looked better than I've ever saw) so hopefully if MPI gets these, they will be given careful attention to detail. Of course, at this point I would take anything. I have VHS copies of the Columbia House set from the 80's/90's and anything has to be better than VHS!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Ron1973 said:
A friend of mine with The British Phil Silvers Association Society said they had been in contact with CBS HE about possibly getting out the rest of Phil Silvers to DVD. I don't know what became of that but perhaps we'll hear something.
MPI is doing an official pressing of "The Return of the Beverly Hillbillies" TV movie from 1981, so I'm hoping that means they're looking at what interest there is in releasing more of the show. I know CBS did remaster seasons 2 & 3 for hi-def (their syndication page touts 2 & 3 as being hi-def and the DVD transfers looked better than I've ever saw) so hopefully if MPI gets these, they will be given careful attention to detail. Of course, at this point I would take anything. I have VHS copies of the Columbia House set from the 80's/90's and anything has to be better than VHS!
Word I'm hearing is that Shout is looking into licensing the rest of Hillbillies and Petticoat.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Statskeeper said:
The Farmer's Daughter is Sony so there may be a chance for it.
There are no existing tape transfers on Farmer's Daughter, only film elements. So, no, I doubt there's much of a chance.

sockit

Auditioning
Real Name
sova
Neil Brock said:
There are no existing tape transfers on Farmer's Daughter, only film elements. So, no, I doubt there's much of a chance.
PATHETIC - USE the DANG film elements because you get a better picture with them - DVD BRELEASES NEED TO STOP USING VIDEOTAPE ELKEMENTS WHEN FILM ELMENTS EXIST FOR TV SHOWS

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
sockit said:
PATHETIC - USE the DANG film elements because you get a better picture with them - DVD BRELEASES NEED TO STOP USING VIDEOTAPE ELKEMENTS WHEN FILM ELMENTS EXIST FOR TV SHOWS
And will you be paying the cost to transfer film to digital?
Or, more appropriately, will you be willing to pay the inflated price that the companies slap on the box set because they had to pay to make new digital masters of the shows?
And even if you are willing to pay a greater price for a certain show, do you think the general public will be willing to go over what seems to be the magic $30 threshold for some shw they half remember from years ago?
In case you didn't know, these companies are running a business. They're out to make money. Making people happy is secondary. And going back to original film elements costs money, and most of the time it probably isn't worth it for the return they'll be getting off most of these sets.

Statskeeper

Second Unit
Real Name
Maureen
Neil Brock said:
That's too bad. I thought it was mastered on tape to run in syndication some 20-25 years ago (not that it's ideal for a DVD presentation). Didn't it run on CBN/Family Channel at one point?

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Brock said:
Word I'm hearing is that Shout is looking into licensing the rest of Hillbillies and Petticoat.
Neil, that is certainly positive news! I have sent them that suggestion a couple of times and received a reply both times that it certainly seemed like a show that would have their interest.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Statskeeper said:
That's too bad. I thought it was mastered on tape to run in syndication some 20-25 years ago (not that it's ideal for a DVD presentation). Didn't it run on CBN/Family Channel at one point?
From what my sources tell me, Sony provided them with 16mm prints.

Nick Beal

Auditioning
Real Name
AB
My biggest TV series wish would be for the excellent, but short lived, Tony Young western series GUNSLINGER. I recall this as being rather more violent than its contemporaries and Young making an excellent, brooding anti-hero -in stark contrast with the other Warner cowboys of the period. The show also had an outstanding Frankie Lane theme tune which I can still hum and whistle more than thirty years later. "Gunslinger, gunslinger where do you ride? What do you fight for today? When the law needs a hand you're on their side. Gunslinger ride away" The grey market bootlegs of this one have been singularly dire and I've only ever seen two or three of the episodes available in any form. Does any knowledgeable reader have any information regarding survival of the original prints?
Other than that I would definitely concur with others who would like to see the rest of the CHEYENNE and HARRY O series plus THE DAKOTAS, Peckinpah's THE WESTERNER, LAWMAN, the unreleased Stacy Keach MIKE HAMMER shows (I thought the recently exhumed Darren McGavin Hammers were dreadful!) plus THE ADVENTURES OF PHILIP MARLOWE with Phil Carey. I'd also love to see a decent copy of the rare Dick Powell TV version of Chandler's THE LONG GOODBYE.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
*I thought the recently exhumed Darren McGavin Hammers were dreadful!*
I couldn't disagree more. Keach had his charm but he's no McGavin. That was the best release of 2011 IMHO... I'm hoping like all to see Batman, Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres, more Police Story and the Pruitts of South Hampton, Movin' On and T.H.E. Cat, Cpt. Nice and Adventures in Paradise and definitely Climax!

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
When was the second season of BENSON released? I was hoping for a complete series set. Also, I never caught this season's NBC show about a nationwide blackout (I forget the title) - was it any good? The premise looked intriguing but I just don't watch network TV anymore. The amount of commercials is just out of control these days.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rmw650 said:
And they should throw in Green Acres for good measures as well. Hoping they license all three.
Yes, you have to have all 3 because of the relation between the three shows. I know that the Clampetts never appeared on Green Acres itself as they did Petticoat Junction but Eb was on the TBH episodes where the Clampetts visited Hooterville and Mr. and Mrs. Douglas made a cameo at the end of "The Thanksgiving Spirit" on TBH.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
MPI would be planning some sort of extension of their "Beverly Hillbillies"/"Petticoat Junction" range, no doubt. In addition to the reunion films, they have a special anniversary package for "Petticoat Junction" planned with, I'm sure, some great bonuses.
I'd love to see MPI giving some extra attention to the Hillbillies, the folks at the Shady Rest, and Oliver and Lisa. It's one big happy extended family.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Guys. I know this is a week late for Christmas. But I hope everybody here gets something you want (and that means Holy Grails) for 2013. Belated Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
James

rkofan87

Grip
Real Name
tyler
cineMANIAC said:
When was the second season of BENSON released? I was hoping for a complete series set. Also, I never caught this season's NBC show about a nationwide blackout (I forget the title) - was it any good? The premise looked intriguing but I just don't watch network TV anymore. The amount of commercials is just out of control these days.
its called y2k

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
rmw650 said:
Which makes it more hopeful Shout or whomever can license the remaining seasons of these respective programs.
I think it'd make more sense if MPI had the rights for all three, seeing as they've already released some "Hillbillies" and "Petticoat" collections in the past.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
How about "Love on a Rooftop" with Judy Carne? I think MPI would do a great job with this series - maybe even a full 'Complete Series' package like they did with "Mothers-in-Law".

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
classicmovieguy said:
How about "Love on a Rooftop" with Judy Carne? I think MPI would do a great job with this series - maybe even a full 'Complete Series' package like they did with "Mothers-in-Law".
But would there be enough interest in this one-season wonder just becuase Judy Carne,Peter Duel, and Rich Little are in it? There are other,more desirable shows in the Screen Gems/Columbia Pictures Television/Sony Television library than this, such as FARMERS DAUGHTER - and we all know the issues that are holding up anything being done with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks