What's new

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've loved this movie since my first viewing in college. Scooped up the TT version. I'd highly recommend that one.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Yes, this one surprised me too. Twilight Time only issued it in 2015, so it is no where close to 3 years. Must be an interesting story behind that one.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Hmm ... that's nice. Now if Sony will also release OP former TT titles like Golden Voyage Of Sinbad and Sinbad And The Eye Of The Tiger on blu.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Is this the first Twilight Time title to be re released by the home studio ?

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
License ran out. Being re-released by Sony.
Hi Ron -- our license has not expired -- Sony were put under a bit of internal political pressure to reissue the film for its 50th anniversary, and consulted with us regarding a solution. We mutually agreed to keep our release in print in conjunction with theirs, and as the conflict imposes on our 3 year window, Sony generously gave us some other titles as a quid pro quo. No sweat. Not a problem at all.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Is this the first Twilight Time title to be re released by the home studio ?

No, I think "Christine" may have been the first. "Body Double" just came back into print via Sony as well.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Guess Whose Coming, To Sir With Love, 10 Rillington Place and Head pf Garcia(in Encore on TT) are all announced this week from DVDBeaver's reviews as being new Special Editions in UK with some differences to TT releases.

Nice if Sony gave you Columbia's multi guest-starrer, Pepe as a quid pro quo. I can hope. can't I?

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Hi Ron -- our license has not expired -- Sony were put under a bit of internal political pressure to reissue the film for its 50th anniversary, and consulted with us regarding a solution. We mutually agreed to keep our release in print in conjunction with theirs, and as the conflict imposes on our 3 year window, Sony generously gave us some other titles as a quid pro quo. No sweat. Not a problem at all.
So nice to see that there was no fighting about this issue! Glad it worked out for everyone! Curious to know what titles you got in exchange, and curious to know if Sony will be adding any new bonus features for the 50th.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

It's nice to see when every body gets along. (Can't wait see those titles you were given)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks