What's new

Guess who might be coming to Enterprise?... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have been giving Berman & Braga a lot of leeway with regards to story plots on Enterprise. I mean they rehashed the Borg and the Ferengi. And as much as I wanted them to delve into how the Federation was formed. I am looking forward to the direction the show was taking with the trip into the Delphic Expanse.
All was good until I read this at www.trektoday.com

Berman also said there could be an appearance by the omnipotent alien, Q, played by John de Lancie in episodes of The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager since his first appearance in "Encounter At Farpoint". "We've discussed bringing back Q; it's possible," he said.

God, if these guys wanted to use all of these TNG time characters. They should have created another Trek show from that time. :rolleyes

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I suppose the All-Powerful, Omnipotent Q Chooses to Age Backwards... getting older with each prequel?

Maybe in the next series, taking place 200 years after TNG, we'll see Teen-Q. We'll need a different actor, though.

Ug.

-Scott

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Man, how do you get one of these jobs where your employees blast you in public, your performance consistently goes south, and your actual returns (here, in the form of ratings) drop down an order of magnitude from when you started, and you don't get fired.

Seriously. I'm looking for work.

Win Joy Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Well, one small problem...

John D'Lancie stated publically that he is not interested in returning to the role. So, if they want to do a "Q" episode, then they will have to look for another actor, and it will not convey the same attention as before...

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Corben Burnsen is on tap.. he played a Q in one episode. (and why not bring back the rest of the cast of Major League III... at that point, they would basically be a big part of the way there)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Damn! I'm pretty sure Bob Eucker could free up for at least one show. And Peter Mackenzie might already be a cast member for all I know :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to point out that I made a remark in a previous Enterprise thread about the regime possibly bringing back Q. It was meant as sarcasm, with the full understanding it would come true.

Okay, done with the chest-thumping.

There's room here in this non-cause/effect-based space-time continuum for, say, a Reginald Barclay- or Wesley Crusher-based episode.

As Jason notes, the red-alert lights are blazing on all consoles and the ship may be about to experience a warp-core breach—all because of pilot error. But the captain and first officer are still in charge.

I'm not at all surprised by this. Still digesting the season-ending cliffhanger and wondering whether I should indulge Paramount any further. With the exception of the remaining boxset seasons of DS9, I have all the Star Trek episodes and features I care about anyway (which is to say, everything that has been released).

I don't like being insulted by entertainment conglomerates.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
from the Trek Today story on Enterprise Season 3:

"It's the first time in a Star Trek series that we're taking on a mission besides exploring space," Berman told the Ventura County Star, referring to the NX-01's mandate to track down the Xindi, who launched an attack on Earth in last week's season finale, "The Expanse".
I get a kick out of Berman continually saying this. Did he ever even watch DS9? I mean he helped create it, for crying out loud.

As for Q, I dunno. They said they've just discussed it. Maybe it will stay a discussion.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I get a kick out of Berman continually saying this. Did he ever even watch DS9? I mean he helped create it, for crying out loud.
I'd say that Michael Piller was far and above the creator of DS9. Berman was more of a supervisor, but since he's the showrunner he gets top billing

As for adding Worf to the crew, frankly I felt Worf was a wonderful addition, and brought a lot to the show. He could be much more....Klingon on DS9, letting him explore his darker side

todd s

Senior HTF Member
On a different note. I thought it would be kinda of cool to have a movie where all of the shows captains(Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway & Archer) were pulled together (ala Arena) and have to work together to get out. I know it is a fanboy dream. ;)

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
Jeff, my Worf comment was a joke. Yes, I thought he was a great addition to DS9. I also think that show was far better to Voyager or what I've seen of Enterprise (which I stopped watching a long time ago).

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Why not install Worf? Or even Capt. Kirk? Who cares if the two are from different eras and that one of them is supposed to be dead now? The regime certainly doesn't care. Let's bring the Nexus back into the picture, to placate us continuity nazis. Or Kirk's son could be revived back to life somehow and made a senior officer aboard the NX-01, despite his not being in nor liking Starfleet. Maybe B-4 and Lore could be put on Enterprise too.

The debut episode for all this could take place on the planet Risa.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
They are pulling out all of the fanboy stops. The only question becomes which sweeps month they will exploit the Pon-Faar angle with a "very special" episode of Enterprise. :laugh:

This has been Ken's geekiest post ever!!!

Regards,

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I have not watched a Trek series regularly on television since TNG ended. A few weeks back, I was flipping past UPN, and saw some shows opening credits being shown with various footage of space in the background and some awful lite pop song as the soundtrack. For some reason, I immediately changed the channel without a second thought. Thus began and ended my expereince with Enterprise. Maybe it's retarded, but as a former follower, just hearing some generic crap pop song playing over the opening credits killed it for me. Flipping back through a little bit later I saw one of the Enterprise crew examining a Borg on an examining table...wasn't this show supposed to take place at the dawn of the Federation? I know they explained it away as tying in with First Contact, but it seemed like a cheap desperation stunt to me. Am I wrong in assuming I haven't missed anything good (aside from maybe DS9)
over the last few years?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks