What's new

Guess what's in my hot lil hands 2008 (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Last year's unveling was a big hit so I am happy to share the unboxing of the Hereos Season 1 BluRay!

Full set here:
08-Heroes - a set on Flickr

Strangely, Uni sent me the DVD of Season 2 instead of the BluRay, not sure if thats a mixup or the Blu is still incoming. Shots in the set compare all three and I will add more once I have the Season 2 BD in hand.

Sadly, I'm about sick as a dog today, been on my couch for 48 straight hours, I only got up to quickly take these pics to share em with YOU our loyal members =) Who loves ya, baby?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Way to suck it up Sam!

It still bums me out a bit (and I mean a just a little bit) that I will have one season in red and the other in Blu. And evidently when changing wardrobes season 1 went on a diet.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Blu-ray also has 4 discs.

Just like Season 1, episode length differs on each disc.

DVD = 3,3,3,1
BR = 4,4,1,1

Will test picture today.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Thanks for posting these, Sam - photos of packaging are always fun.

Really loved the HD DVD set, and I'm sure those who buy this new blu version will be just as thrilled.

Will be giving season 2 a miss, because I thought it was dreadful. Hopefully the new season will get back on track.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Are you feeling better Sam?

Disc 1 being BD-live ready is interesting. Have you had any chance to start watching this?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Much better thanks!

I finished watching Scorpion King 2 last night and will have that written up this evening and will begin watching Heroes S2 over the weekend. My reviews will be a little later than many on the web because of a logistics error and I did not get either of them until late this week, but thems the breaks. I have not seen this season before (I basically ONLY watch Survivor on broadcast TV!) so I need to dig pretty deeply into the set before I can give a verdict on the season as a whole. I probably will not be able to watch the whole season before doing my writeup but I will watch as much of it as I can while still having enough time to get this posted pre-street date. As always, we hope you guys trust our reviews but do not read them in a vacuum! I recommend you check out those at The bits, HDDN and High Def Digest at a minimum!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Glad to hear it!

I have my season 2 on pre-order so I'll be working my way through it soon enough (I say that, but I do have a large stack of unopened discs to watch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lockheede
Recent bookmarks