What's new

Guess The Dictator/Sit-com Star! (1 Viewer)

david stark

Second Unit
blimey that things good. I finally beat it trying to go through more and more smaller british comedies, but it knew of keeping up appearences, blackaddder and red dwarf

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Damn, that's good! I did Patrick from Coupling, but they spelled it Couplings. :)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This thing is amazing! So far it's managed to guess me right all 3 times I've played (Samantha Stephens, Jeff Murdock and Kryten). Samantha did give it a few problems, but it guessed right in the end (No, I'm not a pink pony with wings!).

I'm addicted, I can't stop! :)

Update: I have now stumped the great machine with Mrs. June 'Gran/Mother' Monsoon from Absolutely Fabulous

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I give up. It guessed Carter Nash from "Captain Nice" (although the spelling was wrong) and was fishing for the guy in "My Mother the Car".

edit: OK, now I really give up. It also guessed the car from "My Mother the Car".

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
I've been doing that site more, and I've figured it out.

it seems that its all part of a huge database with 100's of characters. if you happen to come across a character that is not in the database it will ask you a question to make sure that it will get the next time. obviosly it must of taken years to perfect it to this point, however it is still a very impressive program.
It has many Anime characters that I was sure it would not have.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Just saw this today. It sure has built up a large database.

First two I've tried were:
Balki from Perfect Strangers
Maynard G. Krebs from Dobie Gillis

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It guessed the The Tick from The Tick right and it guessed Basil Fawlty from Fawlty Towers wrong, but I probably went down a wrong path. If it has Manuel, I would think it would have Basil in the database...

Jay

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I can't believe it. It even got Sam Weir from Freaks and Geeks. This guy has WAY too much time on his hands. :)

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
It got Zach Morris from Saved by the Bell, pretty good, I'd say.

Wait, I'm much more impressed. It got Lauren from Boy Meets World, whow as only in like 5 episodes, total. Okay, very impressed now.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I can't say who I guessed (since it would violate forum rules), but it's a U.S. politician I would classify as a dictator, and he was already in there with lots of other people having guessed him. :)

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I got Martin from Martin, Mrs. Slocombe and Mr. Humpfries from Are You Being Served?, but it didn't get Carrie Bradshaw from Sex In The City, surprisingly. For that one, it guessed Daria.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
That's pretty good. It guessed Sam Wier from Freaks and Geeks for me.

Something pretty similar to this, anybody played with www.20q.net? It can guess just about anything in 20 questions or less.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
It knew Sgt. Carter from Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C...

...but not Larabie from Get Smart.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks