What's new

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 4K or 4K/3D now upgrading to UHD (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Trying to figure out which thread this would best fit under so if a mod figures it would be best nested under another title feel free to move it. I know this forum usually doesn't do individual movie titles, but this is a bit unique and Disney's 1st UHD (also Dolby Vision unlike the 4K Disc and Atmos) title via DMA/VUDU

DMA/Disney apparently had a change of heart (i.e. massive customer backlash) over the Digital Code from the 4K and 4K./3D releases only giving HDX. Redemptions done on/after 9/9 appear to automatically give UHD under the VUDU app, but if you redeemed earlier you can call DMA and have them upgrade your redemption for free (does not apply to those who only bought the Bluray edition).

I'm not sure if you bought the disc then bought the UHD separately if there is any recourse/refund available, but I'm going to guess not.

"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 4K Update
If you redeemed on DMR/DMA prior to 9/9 you need to call DMA and they will push the UHD rights to Vudu. You need to make sure you have the line in your DMR History showing the UHD redemption. If they can see the redemption in there they can reinsert it.
If you get a rep that doesn't know that they have updated it to UHD yet, calmly explain to them that it is now redeeming in UHD and you have friends that have had it port to Vudu in UHD now.
1-855-347-3722, option 2 Technical Support "

Some people have also been able to use the Contact Us at the bottom of the page to accomplish it, but it sounds like all the CSR phone people have been doing this all day so the process should be pretty fast. Mine took less than 5 minutes -- gave them the date I redeemed and my DMA acct email and it was done in a few seconds. It takes longer to listen to the menu options and request to stay on the line after for a survey than to get the rep to switch.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is it expected that Apple is planning on announcing UHD capability/support?

If it ports to VUDU in UHD then I can't imagine it won't to Itunes as well.

Next up to see if this is a one time thing or if Pirates and Cars 3 will add UHD as well.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I sent a contact us note through the DMA site last night, and had a reply this morning stating they had corrected my vudu entry. I checked, and it now shows I own the UHD version.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Just redeemed my code that came with my 4K/3D Steelbook, and shows UHD on Vudu.

Now, if only Vudu UHD were actually supported on any of my UHD devices......

LG 65UF8500 UHD TV - Vudu app supports up to 1080p
Sony XBR-55X800E UHD TV - Vudu app supports up to 1080p
Sony UBP-X800 UHD Blu-Ray - Vudu app supports up to 1080p

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hell, my version updated from HDX to UHD without me contacting them first. Unbeknownst to me. dummy me just contacted DMA about not getting UHD and it was already updated so I look like a real dummy.:blush:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I had redeemed direct with VUDU. I called dma today and they were awesome. They had me create a dma account and then were able to update the digital copy to UHD. It took about 10 minutes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hell, my version updated from HDX to UHD without me contacting them first. Unbeknownst to me. dummy me just contacted DMA about not getting UHD and it was already updated so I look like a real dummy.:blush:
I stand corrected, my HDX version wasn't upgraded to UHD after checking it again on my Vudu account via my Roku unit. However, by the time I was going to call them I checked my email and they responded to my earlier contact with them on their site so my version is now UHD. I verified that email via my Roku and my Vudu account now has the UHD version.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
I failed to call DMA this week but decided to check anyway and BOOM! Vudu upgraded mine to UHD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation156
Recent bookmarks