What's new

GTAIII on XBox -- when? (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I'm currently interested in purchasing an X-Box (may do so soon after the purchase of my audio system). Question: when will Grand Theft Auto III be released on X-Box?

Dan B

Screenwriter
Brian, there's no solid confirmation at this moment that it actually will be released. If they do release it, I'd bet it could be ready to go in no time...(that is, I believe an Xbox version is probably already nearly complete at this time but Sony may have bought an exclusivity window) That's just a guess...hell, I don't know. Ask Brian B, maybe he'll slip up and tell us what he probably knows from his friends in the know. :laugh: yeah right
-Dan

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
There have been various confirmations that GTA3 is indeed coming to the Xbox. I think the recent EGM magazine says so. In Feb 2001, Rockstar said they were making it for the Xbox and there has never been a press release saying they have cancelled those plans. The PC version comes out in April. I would look for the Xbox version perhaps in May.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Got sources for that March date?
Rockstar's comment whenever asked on GTA3 for platforms other than PC or PS2 is "No comment". They've made no official comment on a potential XBox release since that original press release almost a year ago.
A fairly recent article: Rockstar refusing to comment on the XBox version

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
If the Xbox version was coming in March, then I'm pretty sure there would have been a press release by now. The PC version has a street date of 4/16. Ebgames, Rockstar's site, and Take2Interactive all reflect the coming PC version. The PC version would be easy to port over to the Xbox. In a recent article on IGN, it was stated that GTA3 was definitely not coming to Gamecube, but only to the PC and the Xbox.

Andre F

Screenwriter
This has been one of my favorite game in a LONG time. If Rockstar is smart they will release it on every console. Guranteed sales is a good thing.

-Andre F

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand why Rockstar has to be so coy about the dang game. If it's coming out, say so, and if you can, give an approximate release date (spring, summer, fall, whatever).:frowning:

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I think it's too help out PS2 sales numbers. Same as Silent Hill 2 and hopefully, Metal Gear Solid X.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
At Take Two? Take Two have a lot of publishing/distribution overhead they'd have to get rid of. There's also a lot of financial baggage & lawsuits they'd have to 'take care of'.

Users who are viewing this thread