What's new

GTA4 to be massivly multiplayer, and in Miami? (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This makes sense, but I remember reading on Gamespot that Rockstar had promised to release all subsequent GTA games for PS2 first, just like they're doing with GTAIII. Could've been a rumor though, so you might want to check.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone said that, whether it was true or not. I also suspect that it was said before the launch of the xbox when everyone wasn't sure how it would sell. Now that it has had a steller launch and a large games per console ratio I think Rockstar could go back on that statement if it was made. Maybe a simultanious launch? Or not. :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised if GTA4 comes out on the xbox first or a version of it, GTA X or something.
I would.

There have been rumours of a "GTA Online" since just after GTA2's launch. I think EGM, and other sites, are getting their wires crossed with wishful thinking. I think a 'mission disk' in the style of GTA London is more likely to happen than a full blown sequel called GTA4. I reckon that Rockstar are desperate to capitilise on the success of GTA3 and a quick, cheap to develop, "add on" pack with a new map, missions, cars etc would be the quickest way to do that.

As for EGM as a good source of rumours - this is the mag that is going to have to apologise for making a mistake in their /apology/ this issue to Tecmo over an unfounded rumour they printed.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
OK, firstly woohoo! I finally found Dreamcast GTA2 at the weekend, and its everything I hoped it would be (i.e. just like the PC version but without my current PC's problem of overheating and crashing after about 45 minutes of pumping out 3D graphics). Nice to notice BrianB's secret surname in the credits as well :)
As for this GTA online thing, I think its an extraordinarily bad idea. Mowing down pedestrian gang members in a hot sportscar before they can open fire is funny. Getting run over by a car doing 90 you can't see because there you're looking the other way strikes me as rather less amusing. Anyone who has played (or attempted to play and gave up on) Counterstrike knows how many irritating kids there are who see it as their sole purpose in life to wreck things for everyone else. Now translate that to a game where the actual aim is to act like an antisocial criminal and imagine the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks