GTA3 info (for other platforms)...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Romier S, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Romier S

Romier S Producer

IGN posted this story:
    http://cube.ign.com/news/41202.html
    Hopefully this will clear some rumors up about what systems the game is coming out for and not. Its disappointing the game wont be released for the GC. I know allot of cube owners want the game (who can blame them!) and I'm sure the money is there to be had if it was released for the Big N's system. This is one game I think should be on all systems for all too experience.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Wow, shocker. Didn't I get dismissed ages ago for saying there was no change of a GameCube GTA3? [​IMG]
    I'd love to know /exactly/ what the Rockstar/Take Two representative said too instead of IGN's intepretation, considering to the UK press, they said this:

3. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Dont know Brian. I'd be kind of curious to know as well. The above is by no means an official confirmation for any platform but it does seem to at least clear up some rumors.
    I know you worked on GTA2 if I remember reading correctly[​IMG](feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). What do you think is coming? We know the PC version is a lock and it seems the X-box version is coming but there is allot of uncertainty (although the above report does give some further information). Any light you can shed on the subject?
    I dont think you were dismissed about the Gamecube version. Knowing your past on the GTA series (and that you work in the industry) I think it would be foolish to dismiss your opinion or any information given on the subject. I just think alot of GC owners were given a ray of hope to see the game on the system and wanted to hold on to that[​IMG]

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Can't comment, Romier.

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

It is disappointing that there has been no news since the announcement a looong time ago that it was in development, but the impending PC release is good news. It would seem logical that an XBOX version would follow closely.
    I wouldn't trust Amazon, but just as grist for the rumor mill [​IMG], the Uk Amazon site has an XBOX release date listed for May 31.
    -Dave

6. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Although I'd like to see it on the Gamecube, cause I got one now. PC is fine. I just want to play it someway without having to pony up $450 for a PS2.