What's new

GTA V (Five) (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The PS4 update for MP3 support went live two days ago. I haven't tried it but I believe it just plays songs over the game and does not integrate them like a custom in-game soundtrack.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
That would make sense for what's currently out there, but hopefully some form of integration is possible in the future.

Does it at least automatically mute the existing in-game music like the Xbox 360's generic custom soundtrack function does?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No. I have to admit I haven't. Crime simulators haven't been my cup of tea: although, I'm tempted to get this version mostly for the graphics. The world in this thing looks amazing. I just thought it was strange that every time the guy is shooting someone in that trailer they all seem to be Black and he is White. I'm sure it is just a coincidence. It just looked odd and sends a weird message.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The only thing I see in bad taste, if we're going to introduce political correctness here, is when the person in the lab coat raises his hands to surrender and gets blown away.

Now I've done similar things in videogames, but I'm surprised it's in a trailer. :)

And you don't really have to go on a killing spree with these games. If you stick to just the story, you're just a criminal killing other criminals. They rarely task you with killing innocent civilian bystanders.

And if you do so, you're punished.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The lab guy is tasered, not killed.

I also held out on playing GTA cause when Vice City came out it was labelled a cop killer simulator and I wanted nothing to do with it. Then I actually played it and found out that yes you CAN do those evil things but the why is as important as the how. Rockstar are REALLY good at subversively making you consider the things they are both mocking and giving you access to. It's a bit of a cyclic commentary, how violence and greed portrayed. You have to actually play it and think about what the devs are saying to get it. It's important and subtle.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/sep/16/gta-5-review-grand-theft-auto-v
http://www.salon.com/2013/09/20/grand_theft_auto_hates_america/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/21/grand-theft-auto-v-torture-scene-is-satire/

Anyway, yay!
http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/13/7214797/gta-5-heists-grand-theft-auto-online-ps4-xbox-one

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've never been a fan of GTA games because the stories are, let's be honest, nothing special and the mechanics are usually terrible. Sure, you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT but that doesn't inherently make it fun. I also am not a fan of games that are so huge that it would require 100 hours to see/do everything. Sure, the developers have the resources to make huge games, but there's usually some major sacrifice in doing so that results in a game with an overly generic/simple/boring story or side missions that are effectively simple fetch quests (read: waste of my time).The cop killer/murder simulator/etc. aspect of GTA never bothered me. It's the weakness of the franchise as a well-designed piece of interactive entertainment that offended me.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I played the first two missions as soon as my game unlocked at midnight. Pretty damn sweet. Can't wait to get in my jets. Need to figure out how to transfer over my saves.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Wasn't the storyline of GTA3 (or maybe one of the earlier ones) that you were secretly an undercover good guy? Or am I confusing it with something else? (Driver, maybe?)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
That is correct and I did not know that until launch. Thanks for posting it tho, I bet others thought as I did that there would be a way. I don't know that I will have time to complete the campaign again but at least I have my Online dude with a million plus in the bank and a pile of aircraft and rides which I can explore the city in. I probably will only play GTA in Destiny downtime for a while, at least until heists launch.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Was this worth buying twice?I think so. After transferring my online character from the 360 to the PS4, I noticed instantly what a shinier, prettier world it is. I now notice many, many more people on the city streets. More vehicles, and wow do they ever look good. Now more than ever I find myself just wandering...getting lost in the vastness, and beauty of the game design. I love to play online, and just explore. I tested all 10 of my cars in First Person mode, and it is really fun. Never knew how fast I was going in my exotic sports cars. Now seeing the speedometers on them it turns out I usually go between 100, and 120 mph. I had my Lamborghini(or whatever the GTA equivelant is called) at just under 140 mph. Glad I picked it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks