What's new

GTA V (Five) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Went to the boardwalk to ride the roller coaster. I ride roller coaster; it's great. Get off, Michael says, "Man, I love roller coasters!!" Then pimp-slaps some douchebag, who flips over backwards over the railing. Michael screams, "Remember, I'm not a good person!!"Doubled-over in laughter; realize someone called the cops. Take off down the boardwalk, see a couple ladies gawking. They probably called the cops. Michael cootchie-kicks one of the ladies, who collapses, while her friend runs off screaming. Steal car, flee police, die in shoot-out downtown.
Also, the mission after you are prompted to buy a shotgun+flashlight was ace.

(The in-game music...man, that's really good stuff. Adds so much.)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Read this on Grantland:
"The GTA games are flaming cataracts of contempt. The vision they peddle of men, women, minorities, American culture, and video games is apocalyptic, vicious, and often highly unpleasant. I've never really minded that, if only because watching talented people sweep out the dark corners of their imaginations is far more interesting than watching the handle of a moral puritan's butter churn pump up-and-down."
From: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9719678/tom-bissell-writes-letter-niko-bellic-grand-theft-auto-vI'm glad these characters aren't anti-heroes. I'm tired of that crap. These guys are villains for a villainous age -- one in which, ultimately, its way more fun to be a bad guy who sleeps with prostitutes and gets disgustingly rich. That speaks to me, as a boring white guy with a boring lawyering-job whose worries are increasingly domestic in nature. It seems like fun.

Obviously, it's not, when it's reality, and the real-life assholes are getting ever more powerful. So maybe that's why I throw my hands up and laugh a little when my villainous asshole video-game avatar falls to a clumsy death or gets gunned down on an L.A. highway. It's all good.

I think Trevor is my favorite character, actually, for the same reasons some people elsewhere on the Internet dislike him. I'm not roleplaying these characters; they're just unleashed juvenile id, jacking cars and blowing up soldiers so I can steal their helicopters. If I'm going to be doing these things, it makes sense to have an avatar that is just a disgusting piece of shit. He also has some fairly funny writing.

He's definitely not glamorous; the Saints Row crew and their arch hipness and cool-kid style fits that bill a lot closer in my mind. Trevor is so blatantly not cool -- he looks like a homeless rapist.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Fave random moment so far:

Picked up a random girl on the side of the road (using Trevor). She asked for a ride to the Vinewood sign. As we drive, this girl starts talking, and I realize she is a total party-kid who's all fucked up and looking to hook up with her guy. Seeing the world through Trevor's weird lens, he/I decide that this girl needs saving. So I take a left when I should've gone right, and start out through the wilderness towards that brainwashed cult-camp.

She starts going, "I don't think this is where we are supposed to be going."

And Trevor replies, "I'm taking you exactly where you need to go."

This game...this fucking game.

JustinFow

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin Fowler
After completing the main story and if I was rating my favorite Rockstar games, I would place this one a strong third place behind Red Dead Redemption and The Warriors. I don't think Rockstar will top John Marston's story and The Warriors is the best movie to video game adaptation of all time. Thinking of that, I've always thought that Rockstar would do a bang-up job doing a version of Red Dawn.

SmartCat85

Auditioning
Real Name
Rony Brige
One GTA game that i've finished is San Andreas, I've also already played and finished Scarface: The World is Yours and Just Cause. NEver had a chance to finish Vice City though, its missions are difficult, especially the ones with chopper. I think GTA V is the most complete GTA game that Rockstar Games has ever released. Word on the street has it that GTA VI will be in the new Vice City world, i don't know what that means. But i'm definitely curious to see it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Looks nice. New content as well, reportedly.
The big announcement though was that you could transfer in games from any previous version.. PS3, XBOX360, etc. to the PS4 version

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Not a surprise but I'm glad to see it. From most reports, the power of the 360/PS3 was holding this game back so I planned to wait for just this to happen.

I'm not sure what the current situation is for MP3 support on the XB1 or PS4 or what it will be in the coming months, but I hope Rockstar copies what they did on the first three 3D GTA's when they came to the original Xbox. I loved being able to switch to the proper radio channel and hear my own music instead of the annoying radio chatter.

The situation on the PS3/360 for GTAIV/V felt like a giant step backwards in that regard. Sure, at least on the 360 you could use the generic system-wide soundtrack support. But opening the guide every time you entered to start music and again when you exited your car to turn it off was hardly a suitable replacement.

Instead, with my dislike of their licensed music and the annoying radio chatter, I just kept the radio off in GTAIV.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
PC and Xbox One confirmed too:
e4sZsMX.png

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52261/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Coming-this-Fall-to-PlayStation-4-Xbox

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Flight School is HARD. Took me over 50 times to beat "Ground Level" and I'm struggling just as bad with the 30 flags mission. The new plane is badass tho, you get it for free in Single Player so no need to spend $1.3m to try it out in Multi...

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
Rockstar Games is proud to announce that​
GRAND THEFT AUTO V
will arrive on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 18, 2014​
with the PC version to follow January 27, 2015.

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of
additions and improvements including:

[*]New weapons, vehicles and activities
[*]Additional wildlife
[*]Denser traffic
[*]New foliage system
[*]Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more
[/list]
Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range
challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to
come.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I hope they will allow the playing of MP3's on the PS4 version (MP3 support is being readied in the next update). Being able to select the appropriate channel to hear my own music while driving on the original trilogy on the original Xbox was great.

GTA IV and GTA V on last gen consoles seemed like a step backwards in the audio department after that (Although granted, you could play your own MP3's on the 360 via the generic custom soundtrack feature... but it was far from a seamless solution since the music would keep playing until you manually turned it off via the guide button, making it inconvenient and completely wrecking the illusion).

While i know the "humor" and the music on the radio stations in these games have a ton of fans, they're not for me. I'd much rather fire up some good 60's music like the Beach Boys as I go cruising around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks