1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

GT3 Questions...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Wong, Aug 1, 2001.

1. Scott Wong

Scott Wong Second Unit

I just got this game over the weekend. I'm not familiar with this series so bear me with me for just a moment...
    I've started the simulation mode and have made my own garage. I ended up buying the cheap ass Toyota. Is it mandatory I go through and get all of those licenses first?? I'm at 0.9%, as I have started obtaining the B-class licenses.
    I wanna race though. So I went to "go race" and have started with my 'lil Toyota plus a few extra parts on it. You need your own car to race and starting the game with just 18,000CR isn't that much of a help.
    So what's more important? Do I need to go through and get all of those licenses or can I keep racing in the mode that I'm in? I just went to Beginner's series... or something like that. I think there's three courses I can race on but the prize money is peanuts. It'll take me forever to hook up this little VIS, I've got.
    Have I gone about this all wrong? What's everyone else doing? Are you all driving Skyline GT-R's by now? *LOL* [​IMG] Dammit.
    Scott.
    ------------------
    Scott's DVD List

2. CarlS

CarlS Stunt Coordinator

Some of the races don't require getting a license. Most of them do, so eventually you will have to get some of the licenses.
    The A and B licenses are not that difficult to get and won't take much time. The 1B license and above are another story. I happen to be stuck in the slalom tests at the 1B level. I am 1.1 sec off of the bronze time...
    I started with the Miata and worked my way up with that. I got it to 270+ hp and left it there because it was becoming difficult to handle. I moved to a Mustang SVT(650+hp) and am currently at 14.1% of the game. I have ten cars, my pride and joy being the Lancer Evo VII. Damn that car is sweet!

3. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

I am about 30% done with the game. For starters I started out and finished all the license tests except Super. I had cases of gamers rage where I threw the controller across the room but it was worth it. I bought a Miata in the beginning too and upgraded it. My best advice I'd give you is do the Super Speedway endurance once you have IA license. 1st place is $200,000. With my souped up Miata in that I got 4th the first time I tryed and got $50,000 which will buy a good car for beginners. I recommended doing SuperSpeedway a couple of times too because the main car I use their ,Corvette CR5, I won for free and also got $200,000 so its worth it. Oh and NEVER pit except for like 2 laps. I pit on lap 50 and 75. The tires to me never seem to be much of a problem in wear. At lap 50 with tires being mega red it only adds like .5 seconds to your lap time so its not that big of a deal when youve lapped the competition about 20 times [​IMG]