What's new

GT3 or Half Life for PS2? (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Half Life is a great game. However, it should be played on a PC. To me, it's a keyboard and mouse game...no way I'd want to try it with a controller. Besides, you can pick up the original PC version pretty cheap now -maybe you could get both?

CarlS

Stunt Coordinator
I say GT3.
The graphics are sweet and the gameplay is pretty good too. Be careful because time just disappears when you are playing it.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I cannot play HL on my PC because it is a 133. I have never played a FPS keyboard/mouse, so I find the controller to be a million times better than keyboard only. I think Duke Nukem was the last shooter I had on my PC.
jeremy

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well...since Half Life for the PS2 won't be released for another three months..it's sceduled for an October 29 release, I'd say go with GT3, which is the best racing game ever IMO.
If you are really jonesin' for a great FPS for the PS2, try Red Faction. It was a great game and simlar to Half Life from what I have been told.
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Since I have not played Half-Life (PS2 version) yet, so my vote is for GT3. I know that game is awesome.
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I thought Half Life was on the schedule for August. If it's not til the end of October then it's no good, I want a new game to pass the time until the new consoles come out. I rented GT3. So far it's the best looking racing game ever (until early Nov) but it's only so so fun. Nothing like Midnight Club. I love the urban setting. I'll give GT3 another go tomorrow. I'm playing Arcade; should I be playing a different mode?
Even if Half Life supports keyboard/mouse, I don't see me using them from my recliner.
jeremy

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
You need to play the Simulation mode in GT3. That's where the real fun is, getting new cars and improving them.
Red Faction is a great Half Life type FPS. I'd suggest renting it also. I have both games and love them both although GT3 is getting most of my playing time right now.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I am starting sim mode now. So many cars and so little money.
jeremy
[Edited last by Jeremy Illingworth on July 31, 2001 at 07:28 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks