What's new

GT3 comes out soon (1 Viewer)

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
One question, Brian...
Have you yourself played this game yet?
Or are you just going by what some other person said about the game?
Yes, I've heard that the AI isn't quite the promised revolutionary experience as previously touted, but on these merits alone, you're ready to reduce GT3 to nothing more than an upgraded GT2?
You don't know what you're missing, friend.
This is the best racing game available on a video game console.
Simply put, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec is STUNNING!
When I first put this game in my PS2 my jaw
smiley_jawdrop.gif
dropped.
The graphics are superb. You'll be swearing up a storm in awe at how realistic this game looks.
No bullshit.
Throw in 16:9 capability and you got icing on the cake.
------------------
LuvLBX
The screen isn't half empty, it's half full.
[Edited last by Jerry Gracia on July 11, 2001 at 10:04 AM]

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
You don't know what you're missing, friend.
No, I do. The GT series isn't my cup of tea, I've said that on here before. I know it's the bees knees, but the structure in it leaves me cold - I appreciate it technically (what they do graphically is /stunning/), but its not for me. I know why it's loved by a lot of people, but that doesn't mean I have to automatically love it.
I posted those quotes from IGN's review as people on /here/ seem to trust IGN as a good source of opinion. Their opinion matched what I was stating previously - that it's NOT a phenomanal increase in *gameplay*.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I own it, I played for a few hours.
It is awesome, one of the best games available for the PS2.
But, it still feels like GT2 on steriods to me.
The driving model and car A.I. are exactly alike.
Maybe that is not a bad thing.
Doug

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
No problem, Brian. Fair enough.
I do read IGN's reviews on a regular basis as I do other publications. IGN is a good source for video game reviews, I agree.
For racing fans, this game is a must have.
The sheer beauty of this game alone sells it.
------------------
LuvLBX
[Edited last by Jerry Gracia on July 11, 2001 at 10:44 AM]

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Give 'em a pat on the back for me. Caught a little story on the new Spy Hunter on "Extended Play" a week or two ago. Looks great! :)
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

GaryP

Second Unit
Joel, do you mean Spy Hunter or Ms. Botello?
wink.gif

Did anyone pick up the GT wheel? I got home with it about an hour ago. I played with it for a little bit, but I don't have a suitable table to attach it to, so I'm in the middle of of building a little something er other right now. This is the first steering wheel I've ever owned, but it seems pretty damn cool.
Gary
------------------
Hey bartender.....Joboo needs a refill.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Joel, do you mean Spy Hunter or Ms. Botello?
Both!
biggrin.gif

I'm starting to really like Becky Worley on "Call For Help", too. They can ship that new guy back to Iowa, tho...
------------------

Todd Howlett

Auditioning
The most attractive part of this game for me, is that it IS very much like GT2. Hey, if they took GT2 and just made it look this much better, that's a great accomplishment. But aside from the game's awesome looks, it FEELS good. I'm glad that it is not a drastic departure from GT2. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! It's hard to describe the appeal of this game to folks who are not die hard racing fans. It just fits you like a glove. Hell, I have great fun just watching the PREVIEWS of the races!
What I did NOT want was a total re-vamping of this title. I would be afraid that it would lose its original appeal.
That's my $.02
If anyone needs me, you can page me at Laguna Seca.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I bought the steering wheel yesterday, but I also have the problem of not having the right size table to mount it on. I rigged it up just to check it out and I must say...this game feels even better with the cool GT3 steering wheel.
------------------
LuvLBX

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey! Did anyone else have to take apart and reassemble their manual? Mine had half the pages upside down and out of order. I suppose I should at least be thankful they were all there... :)
------------------

Peter_A

Second Unit
but I also have the problem of not having the right size table to mount it on
And what do you do if you don't have atable to mount it on? I'm not going to drag a table into my HT everytime I want to play some GT3. Is it really possible to use the wheel without a table, and if so, how?
------------------
Peter
"If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama

GaryP

Second Unit
Peter,
I guess you could set it on your lap, but that just wasn't my cup o' tea. You really need something to mount it to. My first project ended up sucking, so it's back to the drawing board for me. As of right now, I'm using an old stereo rack, which is kind of a pain in the ass. On a side note, when I am going to do some really serious driving (such as obtaining licenses and whatnot, I'll use a traditional controller, whereas I'll use the wheel for the serious fun factor (2player,etc.).
------------------
Hey bartender.....Joboo needs a refill.

Chris Bedard

Stunt Coordinator
There is a lap holder thing available from Logitech (It's out for their computer version). Basically, the steering wheel attatches to this new plastic lap holder, that you hold between your legs, and it holds the wheel.
I've tried it, but much prefer table mounting.
------------------
Chris
My HT and 2000 Celica Site

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Here is a suggestion for table mounting the steering wheel. I am not sure what the wheel looks like and it's size, but couldn't you buy a TV tray and mount it on that. When you are done playing, you can then even fold the table down to save space. Those tables are not expensive and are a good height.
-Dean-
------------------
Link Removed
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks