GSIC Chip - "INTELLIGENT CHIP NOT SO SMART"

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by alan halvorson, Dec 9, 2005.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Anyone remember the hubbub over the "GSIC Intelligent Chip" a while ago? This is a device, a "chip", sold by a company called Machina Dynamica that is claimed to improve the sound of cds (here is a long-winded explanation on how it supposedly works: How the Intelligent Chip Works - The Definitive Explanation).

This was reported on the James Randi Educational Foundation website back on February 11, 2005 and now, again, today in the article INTELLIGENT CHIP NOT SO SMART.

Those not embarrassed at taking this thing seriously should be after taking a gander at the innards of the device. Looks like Machina Dynamica is essentially selling bits of plastic. Not the most expensive of silly gimmicks, but, expressed as a ratio between manufacturing cost and retail price, I'll bet the one with the highest markup.

2. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

They needed a scientific study to prove it was worthless plastic?!?! [​IMG]

How do I get these jobs?

"Hey, we have a gallon on orange juice. Prove it doesn't bring the dead to life."
    "I'll need to be paid upfront."

3. chris_everett

chris_everett Second Unit

If I ever lose all sense of right and wrong, I plan to open a liquor store and pay-day loan place in the same building, and sell audiophile cables out of the back room.

Please Garrett, don't interfere with my back up plan!!

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Good heads up there alan! A product in the same vein as the Bedini Clarifier. Think it'll stop people from buying it?