Grrr! My Neverwinter Nights game is now a coaster!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Garrett Lundy, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

After a week or so of playing Neverwinter Nights on my new eMac I encounter a game glitch that doesn't allow me to progress further than the Troll Caves level 3, into the Creator Race caves. So I uninstall the game, and reinstall it, and even download the new patch from Macsoftgames. And when I go to play the game I get..

"Enter CD-Key". And "somebody"* has thrown away the box with the CD key on it!

So according to Macsoft, I'm SOL and now have a 2-CD coaster set.

This sucks.[​IMG]

*Probably me, but I'm keeping my options open incase it actually was my GF.

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

Can can someone else give you a key? I had this happen to me with Quake 3. I eventually found my case and got my original code which is good because now you have to have the original CD key. I don't know how strict NN is but another key got me by until I found my original one.
    The other thing you can do is sometimes if you can send them a scan of your disc they may provide you with a replacement code/disc of some kind.

3. Jim Meeks

Jim Meeks Extra

This might help you. It's a small, free program which searches your registry for installed apps. It will also provide the serials used to install them.

I have used it successfully in the past in similar situations as yours. It really depends on how well the uninstaller cleans up.

edit. Board restrictions prevent me from posting the URL, but a quick google search for "Belarc Advisor" will get you there.

4. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

did you get my pm?

5. John_Bilbrey

John_Bilbrey Stunt Coordinator

Your .ini file should have your key in it, unless the uninstall removed it. If you have a receipt or anything showing that you purchased the game they should send you a replacement key.

6. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Garrett,

If and when you eventually recover your code, you can register for a free account with bioware.com and they will maintain your codes for you in case they are ever misplaced again. EA does this as well for some of their games. The rest of my reg codes are kept on my palm pilot with SPLASH ID software.