What's new

GRR! The Principal. (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
From DVDFile:
Lots of new stuff just announced from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment. James Belushi and Louis ("Whatever happened to him?") Gossett star in The Principal, debuting on 7/30 and complete with a [rant]full frame-only transfer[/rant], English 2.0 Dolby surround track, and minimal extras including filmographies and trailers.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I've been waiting for this movie. Won't be buying it now. We are losing this war.

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
Same here. This movie has been one of my guilty pleasures for years! I definitely won't be buying it now. Why oh why can't Columbia take advantage of dvd's inherent advantage of being able to house both pan & scam and widescreen on the same disc? It's not like this disc is loaded with extras! Is disc art becoming that important?

You're right Greg (and Ron)...we've lost. But Columbia has lost at least 2 sales of this dvd.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Another lost sale here. I love this movie myself. I'd love to watch any time I wanted instead of seeing it on TV in pan and scan, but I guess I'll have to do that until they release it in OAR, which they probably won't.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
smiley_finger.gif
...yet another sale.
Peace Out~:D

Todd_B

Second Unit
I am also very upset w/this. I will not be buying this (and yes I was going looking forward to this release).

*shakes head*

*sigh*

Todd B

Don Myles

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, I would definitely have been buying this too - one of my favourite high school movies alongside Heathers.
What a shame - been waiting for it - no way am I going to buy Pan & Scam. :frowning:
Don

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yep Jim Belushi kicks ass, but I'll be watching this on it's numerous P&S versions on Cable. This and A Midnight Clear, you've lost 2 sales Columbia.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Wish I'd have done a search here, before going through the trouble of starting to add it to DVD Profiler. I was wondering why it hadn't been added yet, and then I found the specs. This was going to be a must-buy for me, now it's a no-sale.

Matthew H

Second Unit
A cheesy favorite of mine, so it was a must-purchase for me - but now Columbia won't be getting my money. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks