What's new

Grown Up Simpsons (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
Is it me or does the current simpsons episodes seem quite awful compared to the earlier seasons?. I think it would be interesting if they took it in a direction where the characters were older like the kids in their teens. Would anybody else here be interested in a new simpsons?.

-Mike

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Al Geen once said in an interview with IGN that he felt that if they aged the characters that it would be a sign that they had run out of ideas, and it would be the death of the show. On 1 hand I see what he's saying, because if the audience sees the Simpsons who never aged all of a sudden older, it could have a negative impact on a lot of people. If people think they're being aged out of despirationg they'll think the new shoe is desperate and they won't watch because they don't think it will be funny.
Yet on the other hand I am curious to see Bart and Lisa as teenagers, Homer could still be as stupid as he is now...but if dumb Homer had to deal with a teenage daughter that could be fun.

So basically I have mixed feelings on it.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I agree with Al Green, aging them suddenly would mean the show has run out of ideas. The few times they've had episodes where the kids were grown up in dreams or what not are funny enough, but I wouldn't stick around for a show like that. I'd rather they quit before revamping the show that much.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Besides, didn't they already do several episodes where the Simpsons were older? (for example, when Lisa and Bart look into their futures)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Lisa often behaves like a teenager anyway. I don't think they should age the characters in the show. I also happen to think the show is still doing great and has not lost its quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckford
Recent bookmarks