Grown Up Simpsons

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Michael Pakula, May 4, 2004.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

Is it me or does the current simpsons episodes seem quite awful compared to the earlier seasons?. I think it would be interesting if they took it in a direction where the characters were older like the kids in their teens. Would anybody else here be interested in a new simpsons?.

-Mike

2. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

if it's anything like that new rugrats show, no.

3. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Al Geen once said in an interview with IGN that he felt that if they aged the characters that it would be a sign that they had run out of ideas, and it would be the death of the show. On 1 hand I see what he's saying, because if the audience sees the Simpsons who never aged all of a sudden older, it could have a negative impact on a lot of people. If people think they're being aged out of despirationg they'll think the new shoe is desperate and they won't watch because they don't think it will be funny.
    Yet on the other hand I am curious to see Bart and Lisa as teenagers, Homer could still be as stupid as he is now...but if dumb Homer had to deal with a teenage daughter that could be fun.

So basically I have mixed feelings on it.

4. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I think they should leave them the same age.

5. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    I agree with Al Green, aging them suddenly would mean the show has run out of ideas. The few times they've had episodes where the kids were grown up in dreams or what not are funny enough, but I wouldn't stick around for a show like that. I'd rather they quit before revamping the show that much.

6. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Besides, didn't they already do several episodes where the Simpsons were older? (for example, when Lisa and Bart look into their futures)

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Lisa often behaves like a teenager anyway. I don't think they should age the characters in the show. I also happen to think the show is still doing great and has not lost its quality.