What's new

Growing Pains Sixth Season DVD Question (1 Viewer)

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I received my order of Growing Pains seasons 4-6 which I ordered off Amazon and I noticed the sixth season set was DVD-Rs as opposed to the pressed DVDs like seasons 4 and 5. Also the sixth season set had "manufactured by Amazon" printed on the barcode. I'm wondering if anyone else who may have purchased this title through Warner Archive directly has the pressed DVDs. Most of the Archive TV titles are initially pressed DVDs and I'm wondering if they've stopped doing this, or if I should have purchased the title directly through them instead of Amazon.

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Jon Baker said:
I received my order of Growing Pains seasons 4-6 which I ordered off Amazon and I noticed the sixth season set was DVD-Rs as opposed to the pressed DVDs like seasons 4 and 5. Also the sixth season set had "manufactured by Amazon" printed on the barcode. I'm wondering if anyone else who may have purchased this title through Warner Archive directly has the pressed DVDs. Most of the Archive TV titles are initially pressed DVDs and I'm wondering if they've stopped doing this, or if I should have purchased the title directly through them instead of Amazon.

When you order from Amazon, you will always get DVD-Rs. If you order directly the WB Shop, you will usually get pressed discs.

I don't own any of the Growing Pains seasons, so I don't know for sure on that one. I assume the discs are pressed when purchased from WB.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Thanks. Good thing to know about buying MOD titles off Amazon. Even the case these came in was flimsy and not like those I've gotten before from Warner Archive. I've sent it back and will re-order from WA once they go on sale again. Hopefully we'll soon get the final season too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks