What's new

Growing Pains: Return of the Seavers (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I enjoyed it, and it was much better than the last movie.

It was nice to see the old objects from the show such as Mike's shoes with the exam answers on the bottom. Also, the inside jokes were pretty funny.

I hope they make another one.

~T

JamieJ

Agent
That had to be one of the worst shows I've ever watched...lol

I liked and watched the original series but I couldn't take this. Someone mentioned it was better then the last one, I didn't realize that they had already done a reunion before. In the last one did they at least tell you how the seavers got to where they were? Mike now has kids including two colored ones???? I guess he adopted. The seavers house is now three times the size it was before?? They kept on mentioning how they grew up in the house but nothing about the house was the same as the one in the original series, so it must have been one hell of a reno...maybe they had Ty come over with his Extreme Home Makeover show...lol Also, they kept mentioning how Mr Seaver was a penny pincher yet they also mentioned he spent $80,000 on the kitchen alone, doesn't sound like he holds on to the money that tightly.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The last movie revolved around Maggie's running for Congress. In the last episode of the series, the family, except for Mike and Carol, all moved to Washington.

Mike and Kate have 3 adopted kids and 1 real teenage daughter (just as they do in real life).

I thought they did a pretty good job of recreating the house. It had to be bigger and look a little different to accommodate the different camera shots.

~T

SarahG

Second Unit
Didn't Tracie Gold just have a horrible car accident and ensuing DUI?

I didn't see this but wasn't so sure it'd be good. yikes...

How did the middle son look and what's his deal?

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What station and when did this come on? I didnt hear a damn thing about it.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
OMG, lets not turn this into a thread about race.

Did anyone happen to notice if this was shown in HD? I'm gonna have to catch a re-run.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Just finished it. I never saw the first TV movie so I can't compare them. But it wasn't bad. I liked the inside jokes, but at some times, it seemed like the writers just didn't know how to write these characters appropriately.

JamieJ

Agent

Sorry if I offended anyone I didn't mean too, I in no way meant it to be a racial comment. I just wasn't sure what was acceptable and should of used "african american"

Sorry for any troubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks