What's new

Growing Pains abandoned. So very sad. (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's been almost 3 years now. This series is as dead as fried chicken.

Are we getting another WB chat this year?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
UPDATE:

GREAT NEWS!! Looks Like season 2 may possibly be coming in 2011.

I hope it sells well. IF it does that may mean a possible release for the third season sometime in 2017.
Kidding aside, it is good news, but what in THEE hell made them wait this long for season 2?

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I'm glad it's finally coming but honestly would have been happier had it been Perfect Strangers getting another release. I thought for sure we'd see more of that before Growing Pains. I guess this just shows that a show isn't always abandoned even if it's YEARS between releases. I still have my doubts we'll see this whole series released. Probably music rights and less than expected sales held up the release. They only had certain season two epioses availabe for viewing online. I'll definitely be picking this release up.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Bryan^H

UPDATE:

GREAT NEWS!! Looks Like season 2 may possibly be coming in 2011.

I hope it sells well. IF it does that may mean a possible release for the third season sometime in 2017.
Kidding aside, it is good news, but what in THEE hell made them wait this long for season 2?
Probably because everyone suddenly remembered "Growing Pains" when Walter Koenig's son killed himself a few weeks ago. Headlines like "Growing Pains Actor Dies" were all over the news and probably somebody at Warners said, 'gee, too bad we don't have any Growing Pains dvds out there to cash in on all this publicity...'

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I also remember back when the S1 for Growing Pains came out that Alan Thicke said the complete series would be released.

I have S1 of Growing Pains, but, i gave up hope that more of this series was ever going to be released. I grew up and went to highschool is the 1980s and this show was on around the time i was in junior and senior year in high school. I think the show went downhill after Kirk Cameron's character graduating high school.

What is being lost in this how other sitcoms are being stranded. I would have been more happy if Perfect Strangers was going forward, but, it looks like it is stall for now. I still think Warner should just push the stall releases to Shout Factory.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Probably because everyone suddenly remembered "Growing Pains" when Walter Koenig's son killed himself a few weeks ago. Headlines like "Growing Pains Actor Dies" were all over the news and probably somebody at Warners said, 'gee, too bad we don't have any Growing Pains dvds out there to cash in on all this publicity...'
I did mention this possibility in the thread that was about him. Although, 2011 is somewhat far off for a cash in.

I also remember back when the S1 for Growing Pains came out that Alan Thicke said the complete series would be released.
It would be nice, but I seriously doubt Thicke calls any shots when it comes to DVD releases.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
To tell you the truth, I'm more interested in a DVD release of the spinoff Just the Ten of Us, but apparently there's no news from Warner Home Video regarding that show.

Real Name
Michael
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley

And who is Walter Koenig?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks