Group Purchase, is it still happening?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Werner, Nov 20, 2001.

1. David Werner

David Werner Stunt Coordinator

2. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

I think that either way, the lack of communication is somewhat dissapointing! Don't get me wrong, I still think a GP is a great idea, but I was very interested in the Aragon soundstage. I asked on that thread how long would it be?, and the response was "a week or two[​IMG]" Well how long has it been now?? 4 or 5 weeks at the least. I decided I could not wait any longer and went ahead purchased another pre. To bad cause i bet the soundstage sounds sweet. I am sure there will be other things I can take advantage of.
    Brandon

3. Brett Miles

Brett Miles Stunt Coordinator

I'm glad you posted about this. I was wondering about this the other day, but I never got around to digging up the old thread. It just kind of fell off the face of the earth, didn't it? I agree, disappointing indeed.

4. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

I got tired of waiting so upgraded to
    a new Onkyo 898 as I suspect many who
    had an interest in the GP will do. Too
    bad the vendor had the necessary feedback only thing lacking was performance.

5. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    It seems with all the talk about the Outlaw ICBM there would be a GP on them. Who is in charge of the GP?

6. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

Right now it would appear nobody
    Ron Epstein originated the initial
    GP survey request so he should be
    the one to know.

7. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    There will be no group purchases available on Outlaw Audio products. They are a direct to consumer company and dont discount. Besides, their pricing is already insane!! Have you checked out their new audio cables ?? [​IMG]
    Gregg

8. Jason_AV

Jason_AV Extra

Actually, the Group buys will be going up, though we (ron/parker and myself) had decided to wait until the new software was in place, tested and working. You'll see today most likely a whole new area [​IMG]
    As for the Aragon products, specifically the Soundstage. Aragon decided to pull their offer, much to my own personal chagrin.
    As for the Outlaw, as was just stated above, it's a direct from Outlaw product, or from Onecall, and 800.com I believe. Those 3 places are the only access points for Outlaw products.