Group Play V: Players Choice Winner is.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CaptDS9E, Jan 10, 2003.

1. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Ghost Recon by 1 vote. Well a lot of people got there wish and on the 16th we will be playing Ghost Recon. Cant wait to see you all there. Hopefully i wont have cable modem problems again [​IMG]
    capt

2. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Yay! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

So what do you guys prefer playing in GR? I havent really played much. Plan on getting a few rounds in this weekend

capt

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

YES! Very cool. I'll be there. Again I am happy to host as I have done so A LOT on Ghost Recon in the past and I have had up to 9 folks on my connection with things remaining lag free.

As for match types, we have variated. We can play some co-op for awhile and then we can switch to some deathmatch (Any kind)

5. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Co-op deathmatch on the Embassy/Docks boards are my personal favorites.

6. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I'm a HUGE fan of the co-op modes. I haven't even had the urge to play anything else online yet.

7. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Cool I am intrested in playing Co-op also as from what i hear is a lot of fun

capt

8. Travis Kolesar

Travis Kolesar Second Unit

Just a reminder that Co-op is a max of 6 players where as team and individual is up to what the host can support. If we do play coop we'll need multiple hosts with good connection. For me, team deathmatch is where it's at.

9. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Well at the moment there are 6 of us :) but if there are more we cam do teams and so on. I need to play Ghost recon this week. I played a once online but ive been busy with MA, NHL and Splinter Cell

capt

10. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

So anyone have any playing tips other then run and dont die? :)

11. James St

James St Supporting Actor

My mother has been visiting me from Germany since late November so my gaming has been minimal. She left this past Friday so I'll be online more often now. Count me in for GR on Thursday if there is still room.

12. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

There is plenty of room. We were just talking about maybe doing a Co-op but if we get a lot of people we will do teams

capt

13. James St

James St Supporting Actor

Sounds good.[​IMG]

14. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

I got a chance to play Siege mode in the Embassy yesterday against some very good players. It was a lot of fun, and very challenging (my team lost every time). The way it works is, an area of the map is designated as a "base". This isn't a building, it's an area of the street that changes each time. There are two teams, a smaller "defend" team, and a larger "attack" team. The defenders start in the base and try to keep the attackers out. If an attacker makes their way into the base before the time runs out, the attackers win, and if they are kept out of the base for the entire time, the defenders win. We played a lot of 4v6 and 5v6, but the attackers were just too good.

The reason I like this mode is that it, more than any other mode I've played, promotes teamwork in both teams. As defenders you have to work together to coordinate which direction or approach everyone is going to cover, and as attackers you need to work out who is going to hang back and engage the defenders and who is going to make the mad rush towards the base. The host set team respawns to 20, which was just about right for a 10 minute game.

I unlocked Siege mode myself yesterday (wasn't easy--have to clear the Embassy in firefight on Elite with just a sniper!), but my upload speed is laughable and I wouldn't be able to host more than 4 or 5 people. Does anyone else have it unlocked?

15. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Count me in for this as well. I haven't played much GR as of late so it'll take me a while to get back in the groove.

16. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

17. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

add me.

18. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

if you are playing ghost recon then i guess I can take some time away from the War(Romier knows what war I'm talking about) and protect his skinny can't hit the broad side of a barn ass.

19. Christopher Cheadle

Christopher Cheadle Stunt Coordinator

Yippee. Finally a group play game that I have. Count me in, but I won't be able to log on until around 11:00.

20. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Dont worry Chris we are usually on till around 12 or so

capt