What's new

Group Play V: Players Choice Winner is..... (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Ghost Recon by 1 vote. Well a lot of people got there wish and on the 16th we will be playing Ghost Recon. Cant wait to see you all there. Hopefully i wont have cable modem problems again :frowning:
capt

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
So what do you guys prefer playing in GR? I havent really played much. Plan on getting a few rounds in this weekend

capt

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
YES! Very cool. I'll be there. Again I am happy to host as I have done so A LOT on Ghost Recon in the past and I have had up to 9 folks on my connection with things remaining lag free.

As for match types, we have variated. We can play some co-op for awhile and then we can switch to some deathmatch (Any kind)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Cool I am intrested in playing Co-op also as from what i hear is a lot of fun

capt

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Just a reminder that Co-op is a max of 6 players where as team and individual is up to what the host can support. If we do play coop we'll need multiple hosts with good connection. For me, team deathmatch is where it's at.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Well at the moment there are 6 of us :) but if there are more we cam do teams and so on. I need to play Ghost recon this week. I played a once online but ive been busy with MA, NHL and Splinter Cell

capt

James St

Supporting Actor
My mother has been visiting me from Germany since late November so my gaming has been minimal. She left this past Friday so I'll be online more often now. Count me in for GR on Thursday if there is still room.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
There is plenty of room. We were just talking about maybe doing a Co-op but if we get a lot of people we will do teams

capt

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I got a chance to play Siege mode in the Embassy yesterday against some very good players. It was a lot of fun, and very challenging (my team lost every time). The way it works is, an area of the map is designated as a "base". This isn't a building, it's an area of the street that changes each time. There are two teams, a smaller "defend" team, and a larger "attack" team. The defenders start in the base and try to keep the attackers out. If an attacker makes their way into the base before the time runs out, the attackers win, and if they are kept out of the base for the entire time, the defenders win. We played a lot of 4v6 and 5v6, but the attackers were just too good.

The reason I like this mode is that it, more than any other mode I've played, promotes teamwork in both teams. As defenders you have to work together to coordinate which direction or approach everyone is going to cover, and as attackers you need to work out who is going to hang back and engage the defenders and who is going to make the mad rush towards the base. The host set team respawns to 20, which was just about right for a 10 minute game.

I unlocked Siege mode myself yesterday (wasn't easy--have to clear the Embassy in firefight on Elite with just a sniper!), but my upload speed is laughable and I wouldn't be able to host more than 4 or 5 people. Does anyone else have it unlocked?

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Count me in for this as well. I haven't played much GR as of late so it'll take me a while to get back in the groove.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
if you are playing ghost recon then i guess I can take some time away from the War(Romier knows what war I'm talking about) and protect his skinny can't hit the broad side of a barn ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.