What's new

Groundhog Day-new documentary (1 Viewer)

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
I just picked up the new Special Edition DVD of Groundhog Day and I'm really happy with the whole package. The picture, sound and documentary are quite nice.
In fact, my family and I were so impressed, we decided to take a drive on Groundhog Day to Woodstock, IL, the town where the movie was filmed. It was a lot of fun seeing the actual puddle that Murray steps in over and over again. We had lunch in the very same cafe that served as the diner set for the movie. It was really fun seeing many of the same buildings used in the movie.
But what all you forum members might find very interesting is that there was a camera crew there from American Movie Classics and they were filming a brand new documentary about what has happened to the town of Woodstock since the movie opened 10 years ago.
If anyone has any inside information on when this documentary will begin running, I'd love to know. This seems like the perfect time since it is the 10th anniversary of the movie.

Michael Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like the AMC documentary will be interesting. I'm sorry but I don't have any info on it.
I just watched my old version DVD last night. Do you think it is worth the upgrade? Does the commentary talk about the different filming locations?
Thanks,
Michael

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
What I found interesting about the documentry was that the original script started in the middle, with the day already repeating, and the audience having little idea why.

Sounds like a cool idea, but would have made a radiucally different film.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Dan the next time you are in Rockford drive by the quarry at Perryville and Mulford. That's where he drove the truck off the cliff. There is no sign or anything but hey you will be able to say the next time you watch it that "I know where that is"

Joel C

Screenwriter
Argh! I decided not to upgrade this one because the original DVD is pretty nice, but these reviews keep tempting me.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Argh! I decided not to upgrade this one because the original DVD is pretty nice, but these reviews keep tempting me.
Joel,
JUST DO IT!
The DD 5.1 would've been enough for me, but the documentary seals the deal. :D
I got my SE copy on street date--forsaking my original copy (which I've now got to find a good home for). :rolleyes

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
You should have taken pictures of your trip and posted 'em :). Am I the only one who enjoyed the Monty Python Location Shooting Extra? :)

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
no, your not, I enjoyed it a lot, it was great to see the locations and meet people who live & work there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks