What's new

Grounded For Life Is Finally Frounded on DVD!! (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
From tvshowsondvd.com I can't wait for this to come out. I knew it would come out sooner or later so I wasn't worried but this is awesome news. This is probably one of my favourite comedies of all time. I haven't seen the first season since it first aired this is great.

After announcing cool titles from Carsey-Werner like Roseanne and 3rd Rock From The Sun, Anchor Bay Entertainment continues to come on strong with their distribution deal, targeting Grounded For Life next. Donal Logue (currently seen occassionally as "Chuck" on ER) and Megyn Price (previously seen on LateLine) star as Sean and Claudia Finnerty, a couple who were parents right out of going to high school together.

Fiery red-headed daughter Lily, 14, is the oldest of three children and causes the most trouble for her parents (who can still sympathize with her more than they want to, being in their early 30s themselves). Younger sons Jimmy and Henry cause trouble, too, but Grandpa Walt (Richard Riehle, memorable for his gropes in the first episodes of Ally McBeal) has their number ("Oh, there WILL be spankings!"). Besides, none of the kids are as immature as Sean's brother Eddie (Kevin Corrigan), a ne'er-do-well twenty-something guy who's unemployed but makes his way with an odd combination of mooching and doing shady deals.

The series started out on the Fox Network, and after a couple of seasons moved to The WB for three more seasons. Now Anchor Bay is prepping the first season of the show for DVD release. No word yet on when it will hit, but if it misses the end of this year, then it shouldn't be too long into the new year before this fun sitcom hits the stores. We can't wait!

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Jim, I can excuse a typo as far as the next guy, but 'frounded'? That's a whole new word. :D

How amny seasons did this show run on both networks? 5?

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Oh man thanks Jonathan I didn't even realize that. Sorry everybody my bad. It had 5 seasons, two on Fox and 3 on WB if I remember.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
This is very exciting news. I was a fan of the show during its first 2 seasons on FOX, but didn't watch it after it started on WB. Hopefully the release is sucessful so that all 5 seasons can be released. (all 91 episodes)

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I love Grounded for Life and I watched it more when it was on FOX than WB plus I'm glad that this is coming to tv box set..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks