What's new

GROSSE POINTE on DVD (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Yeah that bites. I guess I have to give credit to the "Roswell" people for at least keeping Dido's theme song on every episode. (They replaced a TON of the background music during scenes). Dawson's is worse. Hopefully the version of Grosse Pointe you were given is not the final version ?? ?? ?

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have to make another update to my post: It looks like the first episode on disc two ALSO has the opening credits. So it looks like they left the credits on the 1st episode of each disc. Episodes 1 and 10 have the credits, but the rest don't.... hmmm. Uh, great job there Sony.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Maybe it's some sort of space-saving feature (is the set so packed with extras that they'd need it?). Or they thought they were being practical, that viewers who're marathoning the episodes don't need to see the opening multiple times on each disc. Who knows.

How did you get the set Hank E ?

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
I have the finished set, shrinkwrapped and ready to go. One other sad note: there's a behind the scenes interview with Darren Star and they show clips of the show that are in a matted screen format. When you compare those clips to the actual episodes it's obvious the show was shot in a widescreen format.... why didn't they master the episodes in widescreen?!

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
How'd you get that? I'm eagerly anticpating this release. And also, they did the same thing with Joan of Arcadia's theme song- put the theme song on the first ep of each disc. I think that that's a pretty good idea, because you get the theme song and it doesn't cost the studios as much money.
Also, what happened to the Dawsons Creek theme song? Was it replaced on every episode released to DVD or was there at least one time whn it appeared in full on DVD?
-James

JoseRam

Auditioning
Real Name
Jose Ramirez
They have the alternate theme song on every Dawson's Creek episode except for the last episode in that last DVD set of Season 6.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
"They have the alternate theme song on every Dawson's Creek episode except for the last episode in that last DVD set of Season 6."

Not true, Season 1's DVD has NO music replacement. Season 2 still has the theme. Seasons 3-6 have the alternate theme (which was the international opening for S1).

JoseRam

Auditioning
Real Name
Jose Ramirez

You're right. But the last episode in that last DVD set of Season 6 goes back to the original theme song.

Venice-H

Agent
I think piggybacking onto the pending releases of 90210 and Melrose is probably the best thing Sony could hope for. But maybe I'm not the executive in charge of such things for a reason...

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator
I preordered Grosse Pointe months back on playusa.com and it has been 'awaiting stock' for ever.

Just checked today and they now show:

Due for release: 07/11/2006.

Thought you guys would be happy to know.;-)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Well since Julien's username is julienUK then maybe he might live in England. And he might write his dates differently, as we do in Australia. We actually write the date first and then the month. So if he was writing today's date he might write 27/7/2006. So maybe he means that Grosse Pointe will be released on the 7th of November, which is exactly the same date as the first season releases of Melrose Place and Beverly Hills 90210. Which as previously said is a great promotional tool for releasing Grosse Pointe. So, um, yeah, that's probably it.
-James

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Yay! I was right. Well that's really good news. I always thought right from the beginning that they should've released this show with Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place. I still want to know who's on the commentaries though.
-James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks