What's new

GROSSE POINTE on DVD (1 Viewer)

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator
:frowning:
I wanted to preorder it at the same time as Murder She Wrote Season 3.... but wasn't sure if it was still coming...

I have been waiting for this brilliant show for ages!
I am so sad I am gonna have a krispy kreme to cheer me up!

LCD22

Screenwriter
I wasn't going to say anything, but this has got me pissed. Sony better have a damn good reason for canceling "Grosse Pointe".

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
Please bear in mind that this is not any sort of official announcement. It might just mean that it's delayed. It's still listed at Amazon.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
We already had an official announcement that it was going to be delayed, but not that it would be cancelled. They've already done the box art and everything.

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
There wasn't an official announcement, to the best of my recollection. TVShowsonDVD posted an article about a possible delay, but removed it rather quickly due to a request by Sony. I think.

Anyhoo. Amazon have changed the released date for this to 50 years in the future. So I guess they got wind of the delay too.

I guess it's goners. Music licensing probably. The karaoke scene with "I got you babe" immediately comes to mind.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
No, this isn't gone, and there wasn't a problem with the music. They've delayed it for some marketing reason. I'm not familiar with the show, or the cast, but does anyone have a movie coming out in the near future?

Gord

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Irene Molly (Hunter) hasn't done any TV since Andy Richter Controls the Universe, no film roles either. She is into music though. Not sure if she has a CD or has put a band together, whether she's a solo artist...

Lindsay Sloane (Marcy) is still busy with stuff.

Al Santos has got a couple horror movies coming out this year. One of them looks like it might be theatre-worthy, so maybe they're banking on that tie-in for Grosse Pointe

Bonnie Somerville (Courtney) has had arguably the most successful post-Grosse Pointe career, what with a few small roles in major feature films, a recurring guest spot on The O.C. in its first season, as a main cast member on NYPD Blue in its final season last year, and on the recently cancelled Fox series Kitchen Confidential. She also contributed a song to the Zach Braff/Natalie Portman/Peter Sarsgaard film Garden State.

Kohl Sudduth (Quentin) has played a supporting character in a series of Tom Selleck movies these past couple years.

Kyle Howard (Dave The Stand-In) has kept very busy since Grosse Pointe went off the air in 2001. He's had a bit on Friends, was in the Colin Hanks/Jack Black flick Orange County, had a 3-episode recurring guest spot on Boston Public, two episodes of Providence, two for What I Like About You, four for The Drew Carey Show, was a regular on the one-season WB sitcom Run of the House, one episode of Nip/Tuck, a bunch more one-time TV show guest spots, and is currently a recurring guest star on the WB sitcom Related.

I'm only basing all this on a quick IMDB search (the actors' profiles/resumes could be incomplete due to it being dependant on fans submitting info) and a visit to some of their official sites/message boards. Some of them might have done/might be doing indie films that aren't listed, many of them are probably doing stage work, and it's possible some may've moved on from acting (I didn't bother looking up the other three principles like the guy who played Kevin, the PA who kept getting dumped on).

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Don't let it die! Make sure they know we still want to see this! It kinda sucks that they went and posted the box art and got us all excited; then it got postponed :frowning: I truly hope to see this someday soon!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
It will come out sometime, we just don't know when. The sets are done, and now Sony is waiting for the "best" time to release them.

Gord

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
What do you think qualifies a release date for the "best" time ? Would they be looking at the least competitive week of the year for DVD releases? To coincide with the rising popularity of one of the show's stars? I guess both factors would be important to consider.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Sony is producing Darren Star's "Runaway", a one-hour pilot being considered for the CW. I wonder if Sony is waiting to see if it gets picked up before releasing "Grosse Pointe".

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
I got a copy of the set and I guess it was a music issue that was holding it up because.... there are NO OPENING CREDITS! The cast credits are superimposed over the cold opening, then the title card comes up briefly with some generic music and then the episode starts. I'm so bummed, I loved the opening credits for this show. The "Sex Bomb" song was so perfect for this show.

I only have a few of the episodes I taped when it aired but I'll check and see if anything else has changed.

:frowning:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
If it was a promo disk they sent you, that might not be the final version that they'll sell. I'm sure there will be music replacement in this show! But I do hate it when they replace the credits music (DAWSONS CREEK, PTTT!-)

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I jumped the gun. The opening credits are on the pilot... but that's it. It's bad enough when they replace the opening credit's song, but this time they've removed them all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks