What's new

Grosse Pointe Blank, Anamorphic or not? (1 Viewer)

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Just a quick question here, is Grosse Pointe Blank anamorphic and is it 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 or some other aspect ratio? I've just recently purchased this movie due to a 50% drop in price and I'm not sure what I'm seeing on my TV.
The case says it's 1.85:1 but it seems wider.
Thanks for any help.
Steve

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys, should've known it wasn't anamorphic being an older Buena Vista release. Too bad, I quite like the movie itself.
Steve

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Niko,
I have a Toshiba TW56x81 16x9 tv and was watching the movie in Full mode at first, but it looked a little squished so switched to Theater Wide 2. That is the view mode to watch non-anamorphic dvd's on my particular model. I thought maybe the aspect ratio was more like the R1 Austin Powers disc, 2.0:1, as I still had sizeable black bars showing on my screen. Any other 1.85:1 movie on my set, the bars are so tiny you can hardly see them. Maybe my overscan on the TW 2 mode is off somewhat. I rarely watch non-anamorphic discs anymore and TW 2 might not be tweaked quite right.
Robert, you are most correct. I still enjoyed the movie, one of Cusak's best IMO.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks