Groovie Ghoolies on DVD, when?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Carlos Garcia, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

I recently got the Archies and Sabrina the Teenage Witch cartoons on DVD. They look awesome! It's obvious that alot of work has gone into restoring the quality of these Filmation classic cartoons from the 60s-70s. I was wondering if anyone has heard any news whether the same company that distributed this set will be releasing the Groovie Ghoolies (another Filmation classic) anytime soon. Anyone?

2. Mark Lx

Mark Lx Second Unit

That would be good. Did they have their own show, or was it a feature on Sabrina. Or was it the other way round. I can't remember.

3. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

I think they were featured on Sabrina The Teenage Witch (which includes 1 episode with them on the new Sabrina DVD), and then they had their own series.

4. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Yes, they started on Sabrina, then got their own series as Carlos said.

Count me in for these too--I have two early 90s VHS tapes which I only allow myself to watch once a year, around Halloween, so they don't wear out.

5. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I loved this show growing up. I still have some of the figures in my closet.

6. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

Yeah, they also had some cool music too.

7. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Well, I would love to see this show on DVD. In fact, I really hope that Entertainment Rights (this is the company who purchased the Filmation library from Hallmark) would release all of the Filmation shows on DVD in season format.

I want to see Groovie Ghoulies, Shazam!, ISIS, He-Man, The Archie & Sabrina cartoons, Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids, et al on DVD in season format. Filmation Associates are my favorite cartoon studio after Hanna-Barbera.