What's new

Groomsmen Gifts? (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'm getting married in less than two months now, and am shopping for groommen gifts. I've been thinking about getting pocket knives or multi-tools with the bride & groom's names engraved on them, as well as the wedding date. I need six of them, so it's going to get pricey quick :) Anyone have any suggestions? Or have you gotten anything really cool as gift?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The coolest "gift" I got was from a friend of mine (and my brother did the same for his wedding party guys). The groom took all the ushers to a baseball game. Since we are closest to Boston (and most of the guys are Red Sox fans), we went to Fenway park and saw the game, then went out for a night on the town.

Definitely one of the best groomsman gifts I've ever received. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I just got married about a month and a half ago, and I got my groomsmen official Louisville Slugger baseball bats with their names burned in. I got them from the Louisville Slugger bat company in Louisville, KY. You can order them from the web somewhere, I have to find the webpage. I'm originally from Louisville, so I was able to get them when I visited. They only take about a week to do also.

I'll try to find the webpage if you want. :emoji_thumbsup:

EDIT: Here is the link.

Michael Toguchi

Stunt Coordinator
I went simple with my gifts for my groomsmen. Polished key rings and polished flasks with their initials engraved on them.

Why the flasks? So whenever they get drunk using them, they think of me. :)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I got everyone gift certificates to their favorote store. Something simple and useful. Some of them were for Resturants, CD store,clothing and outdoors store. So each were personal but easy.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
If you get anything engraved, just put their initials, not your names & wedding date. That'd be like regifting something given to you 6 different times and the guys would definitely find it odd.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Last time I stood up, all the groomsmen were treated to dinner at a nice bar/grill in the city, and the groom gave us all very beautiful engraved money clips with our initials on them... cost the groom like ten bucks each, plus 20 for the dinners for 6 guys, but it was worth it. Great time had by all!

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
For my groomsmen (I had 10 so it had to be cost effecient), I got them all igloo cooler. The coolers were the mid size that you can easily carry by yourself. I loaded the coolers with a 6pack of their favorite beer along with munchies and a big beer mug.

Functional, cost effective, and easy.

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
My best friend spent some time growing up in Switzerland so he got everybody swiss army watches. Knew that I hated wrist watches and got me a pocket watch. Very cool gift.

Andrej

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I got married last year and I gave all my groomsmen Waterman Pens. You can find them online for about $30-50 each. I personally thought it was a very classy gift, you'd have to ask them what they thought.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
I just got everyone gift cards to Best Buy and let them get what they wanted. Once you do so many weddings, you end up w/ a lot of stuff that you might not use.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Definitely the best gifts are the ones they'll actually use. I remember my brother being in a wedding party and getting a beer mug with his initials and he was like "When am I really ever going to use this again?"

I was in a party that gave out those swiss army knives (with all the gadgets on them) from the "Things Remembered" engraving place and I can't tell you how many times that thing has come in handy.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
For my groomsmen, I put together a compilation CD for each of them, each with all the notable songs that spark cool memories from events during our friendships. Each had a different custom cd booklet with various pictures of us during the years, funny stories, jokes, etc. The covers had our names with the tagline: "Every friendship has a soundtrack - this is theirs." I put a heckuva lot of thought and time into these, but it was well worth it to create such a cool, personalized and sentimental gift for each of them. It's very rewarding to me that these either live in their cars, or on display near their stereos at home every time I go over to their places. Total cost: about $5.00 each.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I'm a musician so I've gotten a lot of gifts. Cash gifts are always my favorite, but I also enjoy gift cards to Hastings or Best Buy. Not the most exciting, but my personal favorite. :D Gift cards are always safe, like some guys said, maybe a nice writing pen, ties if they dress up, things like that.

James Edward

Supporting Actor

I got a nice heavy mug with my initials on it for a wedding I was in in 1988. It's always in my freezer, and I use it frequently. Ironically, the couple is no longer together, but the mug lives on...

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I did some shopping around today, and decided that I really liked the Leatherman Juice S2. I'm getting six of those (thankfully not at $60 each). I've decided not to get them engraved. I think my guys will really make good use of them.

Thanks for all of your help everyone!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Reposted from the Gift for a 27 year old thread:

Was at a wedding last year where the groom bought a Leatherman for his best man and the other gents in the bridal party.

http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/default.asp

I recommend the 'Pulse' model. It has a great locking mechanism and a moderate variety of tools so that it doesnt look ridiculous.

--
Since it seems like that's what you are getting, thumbs up here =) The Juice model is pretty slick too, but I personally prefer the Pulse.

Sam

Frederick

Second Unit
I got my guys Best Buy gift cards. We're all toy freaks, so I figured it was appropriate. I think they all used them the next day ...

Freddy C.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
For my groomsmen, we went golfing at Princeville Golf course on Kauai. We got married there, so I thought a great day on the links day of the wedding would be a great gift. Its not the same playing the course on Tiger Woods 2003 :)

Originally we were scheduled at a smaller course, but plans changed and we ended up getting married at the Princeville Club house.

Paul

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
These are all good ideas, but, honestly, the best groomsman gift I ever got was when the groom picked up the cost of tuxedo rentals for his groomsmen/ushers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks