What's new

Grindhouse "Theatrical Experience" Aug 11 --RUMORED (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Blu-ray.com - Rumor: Grindhouse Theatrical Experience BD

Even though I have the Japanese 6 disc set Im still all over this.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
While I would love for this to be true, I am having a hard time believing it because wasn't the Weinstein Company in such a financial mess that they had to turn over a BD release of Inglourious Basterds to Universal? If so, why would they release a title that would undoubtedly sell less copies instead?

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I'm all for the box set... but I would think they would make more money from a complete Kill Bill box set that everyone has been waiting on so long it will prob come out as a 10th Anniversary Edition haha.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Wow, this and Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair seem like dream BDs.

Who knows, maybe Rodriguez is cranking out Grindhouse BDs in his garage?
After watching all the Sin City extras, I feel like he can figure out how to do pretty much anything.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

I thought the short version of DP was better than the long version. It flowed much tighter.

Also the "theatrical" version of Grindhouse is great. I missed it in theatres but (as I said in my earlier post) I got the Japanese box set and it makes me wish I wouldve seen it in the theatres. The trailers and bumpers add so much to the experience.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The short version just seems like a movie that had to be edited to fit into a specific time slot (which is exactly what happened). It moves faster but it also just skips entire chunks of the movie and feels truncated to me.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Exactly which is why I'll pass on this and stick with the single versions.

Having all the bogus trailers would be nice, but that's not enough to sell this to me again.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll buy this to go with the stand alone versions. I have fond memories of seeing it in the theaters with a crowd there excited to see it.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MattFini

Supporting Actor
If this rumor were to be true, I'd pick it up.

I loved the overall experience even though Death Proof is a colossal dud in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks