What's new

Grindhouse Complete Box [Limited Edition]!? (1 Viewer)

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Not word one yet which is disappointing. I'd love that Japanese set, but the price is well out of my league.

Here's hoping we see a release soon.

chris_clem

Second Unit
Did anyone get this? They're supposed to have a 20% off sale today but I don't see the price change on this one. Maybe on checkout?

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Is it possible Starz had a deal that they get to air the theatrical version before the DVD could be released in the U.S.?

As much as I would love that Japanese set, I will wait a little while longer for a U.S. release.

If it's 20% off that is pretty tempting. I've seen e-bay between $100 and $145.

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I may get in trouble for this, but I hope someone torrents the Starz version and gets it up since the Weinstein's won't get off their asses and release the damn thing. I will still buy it release day if it does come out. Torrenting it would NOT be a replacement for buying it. Just to tide me over until whichever decade those clowns put it out, probably right after "The Whole Bloody Afair" comes out, which last I checked had a release date of the 12th of Never.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
The "Starz version" already available on DVD. There's a link to purchase it in the very first post of this thread.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
ooof - there are precious few movies I can think of that I would lay out a hundred bucks for. Grindhouse aint one of them.

(It makes me sad that for the price of that DVD set it would be 1/4 of the budget of making an actual grindhouse film)

chris_clem

Second Unit

You could think of it as paying $50 bucks each for 2 films though! At least that's how I'm justifying it to my wife :)

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc

I'm not familiar with that site, but that little news-blurb 'rumor' is pretty poorly written. A box-set that "may have the theatrical versions"? The theatrical is one film - not 'versions'. He seems to imply that the trailers would only be extras. Who wants the extended versions again? "I am shocked to", he says. Good grammar there.

Obviously whoever wrote that blurb has no idea what they are talking about. It's also late May so "early 2008" is pretty much gone now as well. Weinstein has not announced anything for region 1.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm still hoping to see GRindhouse and that Kill Bill get new releases. Maybe when one of the guys get's a new film out in the theaters. :S

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Wow, I love the disc art!!!! But there's no frickin' way I'm shelling out that much money. Maybe, for Kill Bill and Grindhouse in their own sets together, signed by Tarantino and cast - but... well, I'm just being real.

Real cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks