Grind 1/27/04 Fullscreen only

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Matt Pelham, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Warner Brothers (which is currently winning the Best Studio of the Year poll) is releasing the Gen-Y skater comedy Grind on January 27 in MAR (P+S?) only. This is only the second major studio non-family film that I can think of to suffer this fate (the other being Master of Disguise). At least it's a supposedly awful film. [​IMG]

2. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

I hate to break it to you, but Master of Disguise was most definitely marketed as a family film.

Billabong Odyssey, another documentary coming from WB on the same day, is also full-screen only.

3. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I'm worrying now...the amount of full-frame only titles of movies that AREN'T family films are rising...
    grrr indeed.

4. Chuck West

Chuck West Stunt Coordinator

If it's Pan N Scan only, many of us won't even give it a chance to know if it's good or not. Nice job, WB. [​IMG]

5. ScottAvery

ScottAvery Auditioning

Has anyone confirmed that Grind is fullscreen only? Some online shops list widescreen, too, though the package says fullscreen.

6. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    I usually rent every new release. Before renting I'll check online to see if there are dual WS/FS releases, etc. There was nothing to indicate "Grind" was full frame only anywhere that I could find, so I rented it.

Popped it in tonight and saw the dreaded "modified to fit your TV" message, thought maybe I missed the WS counterpart. Then I checked around and learned there is only one version, FULL SCREEN ONLY. Even read DVDtalk's review of the disc, full screen only.

Way to go Warner Brothers. You had a great 2003 but 2004 is beginning to look like 1997-1998.

7. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

Billabong Odyssey, a documentary showing the skills of surfers on & in waves, cropped so you miss the impact of what the surfers manage to pull off.

SMART!!!