What's new

Grinch w/pop-up: WS or FF?? (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I believe that on Tuesday there will be three different versions of The Grinch for sale on DVD. Or is it four?
I am a little confused about this and hope someone in the know could respond.
First of all, there will be Full Frame and a Widescreen versions out on Tuesday. We all know many Blockbusters will shamefully carry only the full frame version, but that's beside the point.
Then there is the third, at-one-point-touted "Limited Edition" (see the press release... I haven't seen it mentioned as a Limited Edition anywhere since then) that has the film plus a pop-up book. This edition is supposed to be full frame as well.
And it is, according to dvdfile's review... but is there a fourth version that has the widescreen version instead of the full frame one?
I ordered the "limited edition" at deepdiscountdvd.com because the specs there say that it's letterbox. The same goes with the listing at buy.com. But amazon lists it as full frame only.
When I ordered this (I don't care for the playset but I'm a sucker for limited editions, which apparently this has turned out NOT to be) I figured it would be as listed, but after looking into it I found out everything I mentioned above.
So, does anyone know if there is a widescreen limited edition as well? If not, I'll have to return it or pull a switcheroo or something.
Mike

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
All the information I have read regarding The Grinch is that the disc that comes with the playset will be P&S ONLY. I have heard NOTHING about a playset with a widescreen disc.

Rich P

Stunt Coordinator
Confusion is that the LE was originally announced as widescreen. Then a few months ago, it was "clarified" as having FF only. I suspect that any online description of the WS LE hasn't been updated.

Lafe F

Second Unit
Is it true that only the p&s version of The Grinch will come in a fluorescent green case? I want that green case badly, but have heard that the WS version is in a black case.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Is it true that only the p&s version of The Grinch will come in a fluorescent green case? I want that green case badly, but have heard that the WS version is in a black case.
I have the widescreen version in the green case. I was hoping for a black one, myself, as the case is rather garish.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
The P&S is Black, the Widescreen is Green.. which I think it is cool, because most people want all the green on this title as possible and might be swayed. BTW - the Limited Edition is PS only and is really nothing more than a pop-up playest : )

Matt

Lafe F

Second Unit
The Widescreen Grinch DVDs are in a black case!

Is there a place online where I can purchase a fluorescent green case?

Lafe F

Second Unit
Things are different here in Calgary Alberta Canada. I'll need to purchase a separate green case to put my Grinch in.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Apparently, the case of your DVD depends on how lazy Universal was that production run :)
As far as getting a green one, I'd check with a rental store that you frequent about swapping. If one of my good customers asked, I'd hook them up without hesitation.
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks