What's new

Grimm Season 6 - the Final Season (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I'm really looking forward to this. Definitely sad to see it go.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to seeing how this final season develops. I am disappointed in the previews which pits Renard against the rest of our regulars. I didn't think he would go that far. But then, previews are deceptive.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll have to catch up with this on blu-ray at some point in the future. I still haven't watched the last half of last season, so I cancelled my season pass on my DVR. I really lost interest when Adalind and Nick became a couple.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Always liked this show, looking forward to it. And thanks for the spoiler alert, I didn't click on it. Contrary to popular belief, once in a while I don't like to know what's coming up :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I struggle to remember exactly what went down in the season finale, but it was an enjoyable episode even while I wish things were not as, heh, grim. I don't like the idea of everybody on the run. Hopefully, that won't be the state of all 13 episodes.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I enjoyed the opener for picking up exactly where the finale left off. Seems interesting that Wu's buddy on the force has doubts as to what the Captain is doing. Hope that Nick and Co. can soon right these wrongs. Really liked seeing Bud again. I like that little rat.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So the "stick" is addictive. Renard gets out of the bond and freaky girl creeps out Monroe. All in all, an interesting episode.

Hope Nick can get out from under soon so the endgame can begin. He can't be a "fugitive" for all 13 episodes. Would seem to hamstring the character.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Anyone else notice that Grimm is really dark this season?

No, not in tone... the actual picture.

For some reason, it has the "super crushed blacks" look - no shadow detail at all once it goes past a certain point. And only during this show. Not the program before or after, and not during commercials. None of the other visually dark shows we watch are this bad. And last season it didn't look like it looks now. I could still see detail, for example, down in the tunnels.

Although, for a while last year (or the first half of this season) some shows we watched, such as Timeless, Blindspot and Sleepy Hollow, the broadcast picture was fine for most of the show, but suddenly it would noticeably darken itself for the last 3 minutes of the show. And this happened regularly. Yes, I notice this is NBC and Fox. None of the other networks did this.

I'm watching this over DirecTV, so I don't know if they are doing something, but as I said, it doesn't do this on any other show at all.

Guess, we'll have to see what happens during Timeless when it comes back. Blindspot has not changed, even for actual dark scenes, but it was affected by the last few minutes of a darkened image last year before the Christmas break. It has not done that since coming back for the second half of the season.

I just want to know if it's just us.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else notice that Grimm is really dark this season?

No, not in tone... the actual picture.

For some reason, it has the "super crushed blacks" look - no shadow detail at all once it goes past a certain point. And only during this show. Not the program before or after, and not during commercials. None of the other visually dark shows we watch are this bad. And last season it didn't look like it looks now. I could still see detail, for example, down in the tunnels.

Although, for a while last year (or the first half of this season) some shows we watched, such as Timeless, Blindspot and Sleepy Hollow, the broadcast picture was fine for most of the show, but suddenly it would noticeably darken itself for the last 3 minutes of the show. And this happened regularly. Yes, I notice this is NBC and Fox. None of the other networks did this.

I'm watching this over DirecTV, so I don't know if they are doing something, but as I said, it doesn't do this on any other show at all.

Guess, we'll have to see what happens during Timeless when it comes back. Blindspot has not changed, even for actual dark scenes, but it was affected by the last few minutes of a darkened image last year before the Christmas break. It has not done that since coming back for the second half of the season.

I just want to know if it's just us.
I've noticed this with a lot of shows. Used to think it was just me getting older.

It's not my eyesight, many shows are noticeably darker, not just near the end, but the entire broadcast. Maybe it's a cheap way to cut back on special effects. "Make the scenes darker, less lighting and we don't have to work as hard."

No idea why. But you're not alone. Never noticed it with Timeless, maybe it's only certain networks. I've got Dish and I see it a lot with BBCA, TNT and SyFy.

Regular films seem fine, but "made for cable" shows or "direct to video" seem to cover up a bit with the dark routine. Yet sometimes they go the other way, colors that are so shockingly bright they're not even realistic.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Okay, so tonight's episode looked much better. Still dark, obviously, but not crushed like it was. I could see details in the dark backgrounds again. So whatever was going on, it was not permanent. Someone made an adjustment somewhere, and it wasn't me.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I liked the resolution of last night's episode. It seems they may have resolved this arc for the time being and Renard may be more reasonable for a while. I knew that Diana would have to fix Nick, but she didn't look that happy about it. Nick should not have pretended with her.

The preview for next time looks to be more of a "standard" Grimm episode.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I figured they would use the stick to fick Nick. Er, I mean fix. Anyway, we were supposed to assume the guy in Renard's room was the jilted Lt., but the actual reveal was a bit of a shock. Since Renard's been seeing false images of him anyway, I guess that could still be the case. I'm sure the murder of the blackmailer will eventually come back to haunt Renard, probably leading to his final downfall.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The end of the cicada Wesen was quite a humorous surprise. Nicely done.

Interesting that Renard is being haunted.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Definitely time for this show to end. It has gone way beyond ridiculous.

Little Diana ( creepy with that "Children of the Corn" vibe), the new Adalind, Juliette, Renard. It's just gotten way to weird.

Hank_P

Second Unit
Definitely time for this show to end. It has gone way beyond ridiculous.

Little Diana ( creepy with that "Children of the Corn" vibe), the new Adalind, Juliette, Renard. It's just gotten way to weird.

I agree. Why don't Renard just tell Diana "hey, someone is haunting me, fix it". She appears to be the most powerful being in the world, yet no one asked her to do anything. And if I was Nick, I would have had that stick all over Diana, seeing what it really can do. Or when he was stuck as Renard, why not touch the stick to see if that would cure him. It's like the characters all of a sudden go stupid for a few hours.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I agree..... It's like the characters all of a sudden go stupid for a few hours.
It's a standard "trope" where the characters take turns doing something stupid and the rest have to bail them out. There are lots of "stupid" permutations with a large cast, allowing for a lot of seemingly different episodes without much actual thought going into the writing. (Yeah, I'm a cynic)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm just waiting for Adalind's mother to rise from the grave. Maybe another cameo appearance by Mary Elizabeth Mastranstonio. An old phrase, but this show has definitely "Jumped the Shark". I'll finish it out, it's to funny to watch it fade away without know how badly they end it.

Steve, I'm also a cynic :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks